Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Towing without Tow Package

You can install the factory one. It takes a LOT more work than an aftermarket one though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkllIGbjV7s I decided to go with the aftermarket one and I'm mostly happy with it. I have slightly less rear clearance but it hasn't stopped me once yet.
  2. J

What a week...

I have 70k miles btw
  3. J

What a week...

Thanks for the heads up. Also, I just cleaned the MAF Sensor. Haven't really driven the car around yet but I still have the check engine light on and the car seems to be idling rough just like it was prior. I'm going to try the engine cleaner next. If that doesn't work I'll consider changing...
  4. J

What a week...

Any good tutorials on cleaning the MAF sensor?
  5. J

What a week...

The reason I'm considering premium is a lot of them have additives to help clean the engine. Has nothing to do with performance.
  6. J

What a week...

Car hit's 69k miles and starts to fall apart it seems. Replaced all the tires, battery died, and I have a couple codes being thrown by the engine. Not to mention the squeaking sound I posted in a separate thread. Eitherway though, has anyone here had any experience with these two codes? P219B...
  7. J

Squeaking sound during acceleration with engine cold

This only happens once the temperature starts to drop. The very first time I accelerate I hear a squeaking noise from the engine. Sound stops immediately after I let off the accelerator. It goes away after the engine has warmed up and almost never happens during the summer. Any idea what could...
  8. J

Snow Driving

So how did everyone's explorer hold up during the storm this weekend? I only got stuck once and that was due to bad decision making on my part. thought I could make it through a snow drift that even a serious off roader vehicle would have probably got stuck in. I was able to go wherever I wanted...
  9. J

Steering wheel peeling

The clear coating on my steering wheel is starting to peel off at the top. This has never happened to me before in another car. I'm REALLY hoping this is covered under warranty. Has anyone else had this issue?
  10. J

2016 Sport WiFi

accidental post*
  11. J

Shopping around for a SUV, suggestions please?

A Wrangler Unlimited wouldn't give you a lot of cargo space for camping gear. It would get you there though. Maybe paired with one of those offroad trailers I've been seeing.
  12. J

"New to me" 2013 Limited owner with 2 questions

Dude, your wife had the car in manual mode. Accept it and move on. It happens to me as well from time to time.
  13. J

2015 Limited Explorer....what is that red dashed line?

Do you have adaptive cruise control?
  14. J

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

I just moved into a new place with a parking garage and I too now notice a brake squeal when descending the garage at low speeds. I don't hear it any other times.
  15. J

Limited 300A or 301A Package

Well hopefully no one has had to test the rear inflatable seatbelts but the lane departure is VERY helpful. You can set it to steer you back in the lane. And BLIS has been very helpful as well. Especially the cross traffic alert that comes with it.
  16. J

Diode Dynamics HID Users... come on in!

How do your high beams work? On my car with the oem HIDs the lights stay the same brightness, a gate opens up at the upper part of the beam when the "high beam" is activated.
  17. J

Towing Experience

It's plug and play.
  18. J

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

Every licence plate led I've tried has a mismatched beam pattern between the left and right bulbs. Why Ford decided to have the bulbs both facing down and to the right instead of having both aimed towards the license plate is beyond me.
  19. J

OEM Tire concerns

My oem 20" hankooks did perfectly fine in the winter snow last year. Towing a trailer is a different beat though.
  20. J

Towing Experience

I'm not near my car right now but this should help. The first one is on the side, you have to open the door to access it.
  21. J

Towing Experience

So I just completed my haul using Uhaul's largest available enclosed trailer (6'x12'). I don't have the factory tow package but am using an aftermarket hitch and installed the tow/haul button. I do not have an oil or transmission cooler. Trailer itself weighed 2000 lbs. I can only guess at the...
  22. J

Tow-Mode Button Installation

Could still use some help on this. Do I need to remove the trim to change those buttons or do the buttons just pull out? I'm getting this in the mail tomorrow.
  23. J

Door handle touch unlock all doors?

God forbid someone wants their $40-50k car to work properly. Guess me being really young is why I had an issue with my backup sensors going out. If only I'd been around when you had to use only your mirrors and best judgement. :rolleyes:
  24. J

Wrong Brakes

wow they charge to use the other features of that website? smh. I remember when I owned a Kia all that stuff was made available for free.
  25. J

Wrong Brakes

My 14 Limited without tow package has the same brakes. " Heavy Duty Fr/Rr Calipers And Pads"
Back