Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

In the last pic, what's the blue part next to the two hose connections?
  2. A

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Window Regulator Gear Plugs Doorman part number 74410
  3. A

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Window Regulator Gear Plugs Doorman part number 74410
  4. A

Darrman

Purchased one auto hub. Came as described; shipped promptly. Easy communication. Thanks! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183464
  5. A

94 motor noise.

Well, nothing I did fully removed the pinging or lugging up those steep hills until I cleaned things up while replacing the head gasket last year. Prior, cleaning the MAF did the most good, but not as well as this: After a year, I still have a slight ping under heavy load, but...
  6. Cleaned for new head gasket

Cleaned for new head gasket

7. Dirty before new head gasket

Dirty before new head gasket

8. Cleaned for new head gasket

Cleaned for new head gasket

9. Dirty before new head gasket

Dirty before new head gasket

10. A

4x4 light dosen't work only Different

Then it has to be the wiring; you said you had smelled burning before. So start tracing the wiring back to the source (dash, fuses and battery). Make note of the wire colors for the two power sources (the one that is always hot, and the one that is on with the key) so you can test along the...
  11. A

The test procedure above is for testing the wiring harnesses AT the GEM; wiring in the dash is DIFFERENT. So expose the GEM in the rear quarter panel and run thru the test procedure. (any generic ohm meter for a couple of bucks, i.e. at harbor freight, will do this just fine). Until you...
  12. A

Joe93

Well, I actually ended up with nothing and a refund, tho he tried really, really hard to get me what I needed! He lost out big time on trying.
  13. A

Joe93

No hesitation doing business with again!
  14. A

Try this...
  15. A

1992 Explorer 4 wheel drive

I'm sure you did something, but the wiring diagram I have shows the motor circuit doesn't go to frame ground, but the computer reverses polarity on the two leads to the motor to run it in both directions. Anyway, ENJOY!
  16. A

Cle Elum Meet Sept. 9-10

InciWeb Link for status of Washington Fires: InciWeb
  17. A

Help??

First: FAQ: Posting/Editing Pictures.... The web address takes the place of the 'x..' in the image command, and non-elites need some other web-host for their photos, while elites can host pics on explorerforum. If there were no blinks on the GEM, and you are sure it is getting power during...
  18. A

Help??

Re-read your post and this needs clarifing: Both of the connectors on the one side need to be unplugged. The third (pigtail) stays, and key-on for power, then run the test. No flashing, or flashing NON-stop would be bad. Flashing for a time, then stopping, its good (don't remember how many...
  19. A

Help??

Those are part of the factory tow package; DeRocha's picture show's an after-market trailer connector. This post says GEM test will blink (for a short time) if it is good, otherwise bad.
  20. A

Help??

Did you 'bench test' the shift motor while it was out, i.e. connect it directly to 12v and run it both directions before re-attaching? If that was fine, I'd follow the diagnostic procedure listed in the word doc that is around here. Ok, post 8 on this thread...
  21. A

AutoZone radiators

Wouldn't happen to have a part number available? I am only finding 2-core models available. Thanks in advance.
  22. A

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Fit my 91 driver's door motor perfectly.
  23. A

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Fit my 91 driver's door motor perfectly.
Back