Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Bama Chip service and chip review

Haven't been on the site for a while, and just yesterday Doug sent me an email about offering to send me the other chip! When he says that he works on customer service, he lives up to that promise. In my first post I forgot to mention that the day he received my chip, he called me that day to...
  2. C

Bama Chip service and chip review

When I first contacted Doug via email about burning my SCT single program chip, he replied the same day. One point for Bamachips. We stayed in contact over the next couple of days, discussing what I wanted. I wanted to continue using 87, as I do not have a heavy foot, and would rather not...
  3. C

where to get rock crawler center caps?

thanks jim
  4. C

where to get rock crawler center caps?

Just bought myself some chrome 99 rock crawlers for Christmas from 4wp. Where do I get chrome center caps?
  5. C

BFG AT/KO and blown sidewall!!

Follow up: Got a letter in the mail today from BFG. They are recalling tires made with a dot number ending in either 1504 or 1604. Check out your's if you bought them this year. You may be in for a free set of tires!!! I guess I wasn't the only one who got a dud...
  6. C

billet grill

do a search. I did a write-up for a cut out type billet grille a couple of months ago. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming trying to get everything just right.
  7. C

Explorer Exploded - Thermostat Help?

I had the same exact problem. I was going to grandma's for christmas and all of a sudden I hear a pop and steam. I pulled over and found coolant all over the engine. Prior to that, my temp guage would go all the way to red while I was driving, but would eventually go down. Thought I had a...
  8. C

shops in bay area california

You might want to try 4wheelparts in San Jose. Aside from that, why couldn't you do it yourself? My cousin and I installed shackles/TT on his friend's truck in under an hour. All you need is a few wrenches, a hydraulic jack, and a bottle jack (comes standard on ur truck).
  9. C

New Stereo Install - No sound

exactly....heheehe
  10. C

Anyone else had this conversation..

yep, I feel your pain. Finally, I told her it's because my truckd never complains. That one didn't go over too well...
  11. C

Billet Grille How-to w/ Pics

This how-to is for installation of a billet grille insert (cutout type). I don't remember seeing one on this site, so this may be useful for those who are reluctant to purchase the cutout types due to their relative difficulty of install in relation to overlays. The instructions which came...
  12. C

where to get my chip reburned?

So will a Diablo reburn be as good as an Apten?
  13. C

popping noises after body lift

bringing this thread back... can anybody else shed some light on this subject?
  14. C

where to get my chip reburned?

I'd like to know too... I've passed up a number of deals because they were Diablos..
  15. C

Strobes installed, question.

I was thinking about doing the same thing with an alarm. The idea I had was to mount them in the air vents - yes, INSIDE. Would be a pretty cool effect, should be visible when turned at most angles (provided they are open).
  16. C

returned the tire to 4wp, and they replaced it with a new one, under the manufacturer's warranty against defects. Kinda funny when I brought it in - when I showed the clerk the tire, he asked if I had bought their tire warranty. I said no, then he asked if I wanted to buy a new one. I was...
  17. C

AC cooling problem...gauge reads too high??

I got the can for my gf's car, and was confused when I encountered the same thing you did. But if you grip the connector on the hose, and push down onto the AC port, it should give you the correct reading. It seems that as you hold down the button on the can to charge, the connector gets loose...
  18. C

Here is a pic of the tire: www.geocities.com/cifer721/blownsidewall.jpg
  19. C

Brand new BFG A/T KO and blown sidewall!! Bought my BFG's at 4wheelparts in-store and installed them myself. I had them on for less than a week, and this weekend, while driving down to LA, I heard a thumping noise and vibration coming from my tires. I pulled over to the nearest gas station...
  20. C

Monroe Sensatracs vs. Rancho 5000

What about Reflex's? Are they as firm as Rancho 5000s?
  21. C

E-brake problem with BL

Drew, I have the same truck as you, and installed my 3" BL a few weeks ago. I had the same issue during the install, trying to figure out what to do with the ebrake cable, and if it had enough slack to accomodate the lift. I ended up leaving the cable and bracket in place, and found that there...
  22. C

Feature Truck - explorerchic 8-24-04

Premier, which forum are you referring to?
  23. C

Feature Truck - explorerchic 8-24-04

Allie, I was checking out your webpage and noticed ur friend Chris has a pushbar on his Ex. Any idea of the brand and cost of that thing?
  24. C

Monroe Sensatracs vs. Rancho 5000

I currently have Rancho 5000's, and feel that they may be a little bit too stiff for me. All of my driving is on-road, but I plan to take my Ex on some REALLY light trails, so I need something that is perfect on-road, ok off. I was playing with the idea of getting some sensatracs. Anyone have...
  25. C

how to balance bfg's

Just got my 33's, put them on the rims, threw the first one on the balancer. But as I went to hammer on a weight, I noticed that there is a slim ring of rubber going around the perimeter of the rim. Upon closer inspection, I read the words, "Rim Protector" along that ring. This little...
Back