Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

O.K. I have not tested the VCM II and IDS setup, yet. Probably will get the setup completed by tomorrow, after I provision a spare old laptop. I will then PM the phone number and VIN as suggested, if that is o.k. BTW, IDS version that came with the unit is 86. I have downloaded version...
  2. R

VMC Arrived, Now The Hard Part I, too, find it a little perplexing that the BCM firmware would be different. That seems like an awful lot of overhead for very little benefit. So, Jason, if you are still monitoring, I am ready to try the settings on my '15. What is the best way to...
  3. R

Headlamps As DRL's...Seriously? So you have an XLT, and I have a Sport. Apparently, the option for use of the headlamps as DRL's is not available on my '15. At least, according to my dealer. On the other hand, I never did get to look at the IDS settings, and my impression was they were...
  4. R

Ouch! Well, I suppose there is no real rush. I will check back here from time to time to see if/when you and Jason have this sorted out.
  5. R

I intend to use the reference you provided to me previously for the hardware, and my solution for the laptop will involve the use of a virtual machine (essentially, it is the same as resetting a PC to new). It seems fairly apparent that Jason is a pretty serious technician, at the least, and...
  6. R

Agreed, cringing is ... appropriate. However, I am not aware of an alternative. I will respond back once everything is in place. Thanks.
  7. R

I'm In...With A Slight Delay Jason I am very interested in doing this. However, I have yet to obtain the VCM II. I will order one posthaste, if you are willing to bear with the delay. Bob
  8. R

Well, At Least The Red Cheeks Are A Normal Condition For Me That reasoning sounds plausible. It is a good-looking vehicle, certainly, but I was after the safety aspect of the white light. Since it appears that selecting the headlamp is not an option with current IDS versions, I will have...
  9. R

Dentalpain: So, did you have the amber corner lights or the headlights selected as the DRL?
  10. R

That is what I told the service manager, who did, in fact, call me back. He then pulled a '15 Sport off their inventory and had his tech connect to it. He looked at IDS himself and then called me back. In his words, there is only a single option, to turn on the amber lights as DRL, and no...
  11. R

Wow....How's That For Service? Well, that didn't work. I went back to the dealer that couldn't set the DRL's to the headlamps on my '15 Sport the first visit, with the information I obtained from this forum, and....they sent me packing. Direct quote from the service rep, "...perhaps at...
  12. R

It's A Lot Of Candle Power..... Fantastic, thanks for that. Now I have something else to put on my birthday list, other than the fire permit needed for the cake candles. I noticed that Ford updates the software monthly, with a release on 8/10, and another planned for 9/10. Is it...
  13. R

Techs Familiar With Settings? Not So Much, So Far. ETicket: Thank you. I poked around using Google and came across several offerings for the OBD II device. As well, I stumbled across a reference to the software. I noted that it states that a license is required for each installation...
  14. R

Looks Like The Option Is Still There? ETicket: According to dentalpain in a post above So, this would seem to apply to my situation ('15 Sport). I have an appointment next Tuesday, and they want it for all day. In the meantime, I will be researching how to do this myself, which...
  15. R

Umm....Well, Actually, You Are Correct ETicket: Yes, sorry, in retrospect my post does appear a bit contentious. It wasn't meant that way. Also, you are correct, my C6 Z06 uses the amber lights as daytime running lights. On the other hand, no one seems to be able to see me anyway when...
  16. R

Light Spectrum ETicket: The demonstration used by the emergency driving course instructors was fairly simple. One vehicle, driven by the instructor and loaded with 4 students (yes, it was very crowded in the back seat), at one end of the course. At the other end, and equipped with...
  17. R

DRL Circuit Wiring Using Fog Lamps tropicvi: I have a call into my local dealer for another service appointment to try to fix this, this time using the BCM switch set to use the headlamps. If, for some reason, this doesn't work, then I will proceed to the user-installed options...
  18. R

So...Back To The Dealer Peter: Thank you. I went through all the documentation I have, and I couldn't find a reference to HID headlights, and you confirmed it. Fortunately, the dealer has been pretty helpful so far, but this will be the second trip for this issue, so.....they may want to...
  19. R

HID's, References dentalpain: I am not certain whether my headlights are HID or not, so I will be checking into that. Thank you for that info. Peter: Thanks. I thought I had read all the posts, and although I did read the one referencing the Philips DRL's, I missed the second...
  20. R

U.S. DRL's Having had the dealer switch on the DRL's for my '11 F150, I thought it would be a piece of cake to do the same for my '15 Ex Sport. Yes, well.... As discussed here (and many other places) the DRL's for my Explorer are the amber lights on the front corners. So, I had the dealer...
Back