Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. foned

Question to anyone who has installed something in the "pocket" of the hatch

good thinking, the fan should work if everything else doesn't.
  2. foned

Knocking at 55mph

i guess its suppose to be easiest to go threw the wheel well on the passangers side.
  3. foned

1st gen brush guard

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.cfm?PartID=37591&PartFamilyID=1026&SubCategoryID=176&CategoryID=25 im thinking ill get that for my 94X, anyone got a pic of their 1st gen with one like it on?
  4. foned

Dented Hood, opinions wanted on repair

I would say get another hood and get it painted to match, seems like it would be alot easier.
  5. foned

Explorer vs. Acura Integra.....

if your talking about dreamr i think he went that fast in a mustang...
  6. foned

I'm probably what you would consider a kid, i know how to speed, when to go fast when to go slow, i got clocked on 65 going 91, there was no one around me within a quarter of a mile, me and my friend were both 18 at the time. I was going over 91 at one point down a hill, i regret it and im not...
  7. foned

Question to anyone who has installed something in the "pocket" of the hatch

I would reccomend making sure the amp doesn't get too hot in that pocket. the stock amp was put there by ford and probably had specifications of some sort to reduce heat, but an aftermarket amp might get hotter.
  8. foned

New...Need help with 1996 XLT Explorer

The wireing harness you should be able to find at a local store if you tell them what you have they will most likely be able to find what you need. mainly car audio places, but you could probably find it at a radio shack or somthing too. Not sure about the kit to fill extra space.
  9. foned

haha, i love when that happens!
  10. foned

Unsure, please help.

thanks derocha, will do.
  11. foned

you dont want it

they bought it for 1,200 and you didn't think it would have problems or what? theres a reason people sell things for cheap, especially when theirs low miles. I bought mine with ~80,000 miles on it. Its a 92,000 with no problems (until i took it off road and got my stupid ass stuck in a mud...
  12. foned

Unsure, please help.

How would i go about cleaning them? Degreaser then just regrease or what?
  13. foned

Unsure, please help.

well i wanted to convert to manual hubs anyway.
  14. foned

Unsure, please help.

also, after turning 4 wheel drive on it made another kind of clunk sound, then i turned it off drove a little bit more, and it stopped making the sound all together about 3 mins after turning it off.
  15. foned

Unsure, please help.

Not 100% sure if this fits here, but im not sure where else it would go so ill put it here and if any know of a more suitable location please inform me, or if your a moderator im sure you will move it. I will try my best to explain whats happening but im not entirely sure i can. Today i...
  16. foned

Approaching 100k

ok ill search around agian.
  17. foned

Approaching 100k

Well my 94 ford explorer is approaching 100k miles. I bought it with like 80k. I was wondering what things i should watch out for, things i might have to replace soon, or should maybe check. how much money should i start saving incase somthing happens... thanks.
  18. foned

My life is not worth living anymore!

personally i would be happy to rid myself of a honda and get a ford, you stress the reliability factor, my explorer is extremely reliable. I have put it threw hell, i stomp on the gas and jam on the breaks every stop and every go. Ive done tons of donuts, got stuck in the mud(real deep, check...
  19. foned

CB mounted in place of ashtray

I mounted my friends CB inside of my ashtray compartment. I had better plans on doing it but they didnt work out. It looks pretty good, its too long or it would look cleaner. Im gonna get a smaller one if i can find one. If anyone wants to see pics i can take some. next mod, somone on the...
  20. foned

clear corners?

where can i find the diamond ones at?
  21. foned

clear corners?

would that work on a 94? i will go check it tomorrow, its dark and i have no garage.
  22. foned

clear corners?

sorry if i break rules, somewhat new. What brand of clear corners does everyone have? I want them to match my stock headlights as closely as possible. I'm checking ebay and i figure under 50 bucks will get me some nice ones, but i want them to match like i said. I could buy the 6pc ones with...
  23. foned

Puddle Lamp LED Conversion

What exactly is a puddle lamp? take a pic of it without i being on, but still installed.
  24. foned

Best experience...ever.

Ok i need to clear some stuff up. Firstly its not trespassing, its a public open area. The cops have come out there a few times and just ask to stay off. I just helped another guy out of the mud out there. I don't think im giving the community a bad name, i learned alot from this experience and...
  25. foned

Best experience...ever.

Its off some little back road by railroad tracks and some apartments, it was used daily by different trucks, my friend originally told me it was legal, i learned later that the sign was put up the day before we came out. It was just kind of a spurr of the moment thing, i wanted to wheel, it was...
Back