Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Adding Fordpass Modem

This is old and some things are outdated/not available. Not mine btw. Not all things may be the same due to differing vehicle options (notably having the SONY DSP in the rear) SYNC CONNECT
  2. J

Won't shift into park. Where to find Ford gear select kit.

I believe people who found the switch itself at 3rd party vendors were soldering. Looks like the ford kit is plug and play.
  3. J

Bluetooth Disabled?

Here are some quick differences between factory equipped sync (bt/usb) versus non sync equipped. SYNC vehicles have an APIM, USB port, line in and microphone. They have a totally different dash harness along with different steering wheel buttons. You can’t simply enable SYNC if it wasn’t...
  4. J

Bluetooth Disabled?

What do you base this on?
  5. J

Coolant reservoir is emptying slowly - 2015

@Texas2022 I feel as if the advice here is pretty clear. Stop driving the vehicle before the engine gets ruined. Get the water pump replaced at a minimum. Yeah its expensive (the book procedure is to pull the engine out of the vehicle I believe). You can shop around if you would like. The...
  6. J

Backup switch location

Might want to post in the correct generation forum.
  7. J

Remote start won't work after replacing battery under hood

How long after replacing the vehicle battery did you try it? Is the vehicle honking at you? Two suggestions: turn remote start off and on in the instrument cluster settings and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute, reconnect and then try it.
  8. J

Are these 2 repairs related? Please help.

If its dealer negligence that doesn't have anything to do with the warranty. If you are strictly looking at warranty IMO 100k means 100k. It ends there. You are responsible for 100 percent after that. Ford offering to pay anything is them going above and beyond. So at 150k by your reasoning...
  9. J

PIU With Rear door disable - also disabled the lift gate!?

Just FYI...Ford Official Order guide terminology for the global unlock feature Global Lock / Unlock feature (Door-panel switches will lock/unlock all doors and rear liftgate. Eliminates overhead console liftgate unlock switch and 45-second timer. Also eliminates the blue liftgate release button...
  10. J

I looked at vehicle as built data and deciphered it was built with the liftgate timer and no fobs from the factory. So any fobs have been added post factory. I would suggest getting your hands on the window sticker. As a last resort they can be purchased on line. You might want to start...
  11. J

Towing with PIU?

The trailer wiring kit was option 52T. They all came with a hitch according to the order guide. With all the questions you are asking about your vehicle it may be worth visiting a Ford dealer that would print off the window sticker for you or you can always purchase a window sticker on line...
  12. J

Mystery Button

Handy for when going through the bank drive thru, etc.
  13. J

Adding foot operated liftgate feature

A dealer won't add this because its not an approved Ford add on, not to mention most dealers won't have a tech that is smart enough the handle the programming that is needed for it. Im sure it can be added, but you have to determine all the parts that are needed (is there additional wiring and...
  14. J

I did get the vin. It came equipped with the timer setup. Someone must have swapped the overhead console. Also it didn’t come with fobs from the factory. That one was added after it left the factory
  15. J

It’s been messed with. Either someone swapped overhead consoles or reprogrammed it and removed the global unlock feature and added the fob post factory. If you want to know for sure send me the vin and I can check. If you want a button inside you need to install the correct overhead console or...
  16. J

You are opening it with the fob how? What button? The PIU's rear hatch only works 1 of two ways. Default package is the 45 second timer. That would have the timer button in the overhead console and if a key fob is programmed to the vehicle it would have the blue liftgate button that...
  17. J

Brake lights are stuck on with headlights on

A 45 dollar part and $400 bill. That’s crazy.
  18. J

Remote Function Actuator

The OP needs to snag the S version from that site asap as long as they actually do have it.
  19. J

Remote Function Actuator

If you send me the VIN in a private message I can look up the part #.
  20. J

Hit the unlock switch on the driver door itself and then go see if the lift gate will open or not.
  21. J

I highly doubt batteries plus can program the fob. Only high end diagnostic equipment and Ford FDRS can program them. If you don't have the button for the liftgate timer, the vehicle likely has the global unlock option which means the lock status of the liftgate follows the lock status of the...
  22. J

FordPass Connection Issue

Yeah, you have the 4.2" non touchscreen. Its a little different. The options are there though for master reset. Did the app say someone else had to authorize? If the TCU is hooked up and not registered to anyway else, the display will come up with an option to accept or deny access after...
  23. J

FordPass Connection Issue

Once you put your VIN in Fordpass, did it show a pic of your vehicle (correct color even) and then have an ACTIVATE button?
Back