Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

3rd row seat motors burned out and can't access spare tire

Thanks for the link Peter, I definitely have that leak problem. Hard to believe that wasn't a recall issue. I don't think I have any recourse other than shelling out the cost of the repair for the leak fix and the 2 grand to replace the lift motors that were damaged as a result from the leak...
  2. B

Ford mechanic said it was both motors, they were rusted and most likely from the rear hatch leak that Ford knows about. Water runs down the seatbelt right to the location of the lift motors. I took a picture where the default is. This is something else I'll have to fix.
  3. B

Long story short, roof leak down 3rd row seatbelt burnt out lift motor and now I can't access the spare tire with seats in fold down position. 2 grand to replace and repair. Anyway to manually fold seats to get access to spare tire? Local Ford and Ford India no help, expired warranty "sorry, too...
  4. B

Remote start issues

Same issue with my recently purchased 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. Worked when the dealer showed me it and finally got around to trying it myself and not working. I'll be making an appointment with my local dealer where I purchased it. One other issue I noticed is the vehicle leaks somewhere in...
Back