Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

For those who want Sync3 but stuck in Sync2

Does MFT use idatalink interface at all? MFT is suggested using private protocols, how could those stuff work? On the other hand, even if Ford said big Yes to upgradable, it might be even higher than 1400+150
  2. X

Very interesting, thanks for your additional information. Really hope it will be soon available for us.
  3. X

Sync 3

Even 2016 model have sync3, the sync3 in Ex wont have CarPlay or Andriod Auto, Ford said it will integrate those 2 later.
  4. X

Sync 3

We should get a sign page to have group request to ford requesting upgrade option, very silly not even support upgrade for sync 2 to sync 3!
  5. X

Thanks for the infor, I know what I can get if the small magnet is not working.
  6. X

Bought this on ebay, will put my phone side by side when I need to do Navigation. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/400831794490?var=670386119419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
  7. X

Too bad man, I am back to square one...
  8. X

Assumed you already talked to those Pioneer installer guys?
  9. X

Just saw a few youtube video, what do you guys are thinking about used aftermarket product like Pioneer which load both apple carplay and andriod auto? Especially when the upgrade option from Sync 2 to Sync 3 was not offered by Ford
  10. X

Sync 3

looking at this, thinking about the upgrade option was not offered by Ford, anyone think about used aftermarket product like Pioneer which load both apple carplay and andriod atuo?
  11. X

Sync 3

How does your Suburban driving experience compared to Ex sport?
  12. X

Sync 3

If you replace your 14 sport to a 16 sport only because Sync 3 I would seriously question how ford is taking care its customers. I am with you man, sync2 is retarded by far, however the engine and everything else still pretty awesome
  13. X

Sync 3

I do not think so, I can install Mac on my windows hardware, and I saw ppl install windows in their Mac hardware. The difference is not that big, but ford have to commit to work on this side project to its customers!
  14. X

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Thanks for replying Peter. So you think my off track issue have nothing to do with this GPS with a red X? My tire pressure sensor is also in warning occasionally (TPMS from ebay), would that matters to the GPS in your opinion?
  15. X

Yesterday I found a GPS sign with the little cross, click it and it worked for now
  16. X

Sync navigation is terrible...

Found this, it may fix the issue for all of us. GLOBAL POSITIONING SATELLITE MODULE (GPSM) - NAVIGATION DISPLAY OFFSET OR INCORRECT POSITION BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/6/2014 http://www.mkcforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkc-reported-issues/19801-navigation-gps-issue.html
  17. X

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Found this, it may fix the issue for all of us. GLOBAL POSITIONING SATELLITE MODULE (GPSM) - NAVIGATION DISPLAY OFFSET OR INCORRECT POSITION BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/6/2014 http://www.mkcforum.com/forum/lincoln-mkc-reported-issues/19801-navigation-gps-issue.html
  18. X

I am 2015 owner, and I had this issue as well. However I had winter tire with ebay TPMS, who knows what is affecting what. Will know more when I switch it back to all season tires. Advice to Navigation is not to use it, use your phone will be far more better than stock Navigation. Other...
  19. X

Your issue sounds very familiar to what I have. I have a 2015 explorer sport with winter tire, and just had a road trip and experienced the infamous GPS offroad issue. I know reset may fix it temporary, but why winter tire matters to GPS??
  20. X

Sync navigation is terrible...

Just ran back from a 1600km road trip, Sync have proved itself to be failed for at least 2 time completely (black screen, restart) and navigation turn out to be useless as well, so hard to input and off route all the time, have to turn it off manually so it wont beep all the time... I am...
  21. X

Just ran back from a 1600km road trip, Sync have proved itself to be failed for at least 2 time completely (black screen, restart) and navigation turn out to be useless as well, so hard to input and off route all the time, have to turn it off manually so it wont beep all the time... I am...
  22. X

Warning to whoever want to use Coolbulb as HID

Bought their kit from website, installed it and found one of the light is blinking, went to factory change it to the yellow light as DRL second day, after change it, factory told me one of ballast is failed.... Talked to the owner he said it is because the default Day Running Light not...
  23. X

Sync service upload multiple destination workaround

Anyone could share the experience with us? It is inconvenient for a road trip to somewhere you planned for over 20 destination. Each time you need enter an address manually is insane. I know the Sync service would do it, however it is not available in Canada...
  24. X

Sync service upload multiple destination workaround

Hi Peter, transfer the address is no issue, it does show up in MFT, the issue is you can not push it into navigation in order to get the turn by turn going. I read some thread that said the address can be recognizable if there is no country entry. I did not put country in it, it still does not...
  25. X

Winter tire shopping in Canada suck....

I did ask the Ford service factory, they said 2011 to 2015 are the same, then I order it on ebay which does show the TPMS is fitted all 2014 model.
Back