Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2005 Explorer XLT 4.0L Outside/Underhood A/C Clicking?

Number Twelve, thanks for the response. How do I add oil to the Freon, or should I just take it to my shop? Do you know what relay? Thanks!
  2. K

2005 Explorer XLT 4.0L Outside/Underhood A/C Clicking?

Hey, I have a 2005 Explorer XLT 4.0L and when the A/C or fan is running, it still works perfectly, there is a clicking noise coming from under the hood. It sounds like lifters lightly clicking would sound like but when you turn the fan or A/C off, the sound immediately stops. Anyone have any...
  3. K

2005 Explorer Rear Wiper/Sprayer stopped working

Hey, I have a 2005 Explorer XLT and 6 months ago, I tried both the rear wiper and the sprayer and neither worked. Took it to a shop and they suggested replacing the multifunction switch, which I proceeded to replace to the same results. I find it weird that both went out at the same time. Also...
  4. K

2005 XLT 4.0 V6 Horrible Gas Mileage

I went from 255/65/R16 All Season tires to 245/75/R16 BFGoodrich KO2's Offroad Tires and the mpg computer did seem to change much (I know it's pretty inaccurate). All of my bearings and brakes are fully functional and working. I drive a lot of backroads and city, with some freeway driving (400...
  5. K

2005 XLT 4.0 V6 Horrible Gas Mileage

Hi all, I have a 2005 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 with 130,000 miles on it. I average about 12.5 mpg in town and 16.5 with cruise control on the freeway doing 60 mph. Besides marginally bigger tires and a k&n drop in filter, it is stock. I have read that cleaning the Mass Air Flow, the IAC, the o2...
Back