Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

5r55e no 2-3 shift need help

I would buy everything I would need to completely rebuild the valve body. All the parts I have changed have helped but I haven't cured it completely. I would recommend changing the EPC solenoid and valvebody gaskets along with a superior shift kit. Just search for the valve body rebuild diary...
  2. T

Coast clutch wasn't letting overdrive servo disengage. Complete rebuild of the valve body is what it's going to take I have just been driving with overdrive off and said to hell with it.
  3. T

That's what's so confusing is that I still have 2nd with the band adjuster fully out. I just lost 5th and now it shifts 1-4 beautifully but with the adjuster set to two turns out no third at all with an occasionally slipping second but I have 5th. I drove 60 miles to work today with no 5th but...
  4. T

Now today I played with the band adjustments thinking it might help. I set the intermediate band to spec and wrenched the OD band adjustment out like 7 full turns. I now have all gears except 5th. Shifts 1-4 beautifully and downshifts smooth as butter but now 5th so my RPMs are about 500 higher...
  5. T

This morning on the drive to work the first few shifts into third went perfect shifted great then went back to its original stupidity. So I know it can shift into third on its own but just refuses to do so.
  6. T

So the trans has always shifted fine one day it wouldn't move at all in drive pulled into 2 which is manuall 3rd and got it rolling shifted into drive and it hit 4th and then 5th. After that day when I take off in drive no matter if it's cold or hot it shifts from 1st to 2nd then when it goes to...
  7. T

EATC issue with interchange

I hooked it up the way I posted and the outside temp button reads the same as my overhead so I assume it utilizes the ambient air temp sensor to gauge the outside temp.
  8. T

98 Explorer Headlight issue

They will shatter if they are on and cold moisture gets to them from your head light housing. I have seen them shatter from someone touching them with greasy finger and putting them in. If you are getting moisture in the housing such as condensation on the inside of the lens or anytime it rains...
  9. T

01 explorer driveline vibration? PLEASE HELP possible axle problem

Bad pinion bearing roar and very loudly from what ive dealt with. Check yur universals first. If it causing a severe vibration and it is the rear end something is very wrong. A vibration caused by the diff means something has a lot of slack or is getting ready to come apart. But you would have a...
  10. T

01 explorer driveline vibration? PLEASE HELP possible axle problem

Mine was vibrating at 40 and when I got into the gas it got worse. Sort of a 2 second vibration then it would stop for 2 seconds and then vibrate again. Swapped out all my universal joints on the rear drive shaft and the ones for the 4wd drive shaft and it stopped vibrating never made a sound...
  11. T

USE THE CROWN VIC PIN OUT I POSTED ABOVE FOR PIN LOCATIONS. WHITE CONNECTOR PIN 1- PINK/LIGHT BLUE STRIPE PIN 2-LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW STRIPE PIN 3-BLACK PIN 4-PINK/BLACK STRIPE PIN 5-NOT USED PIN 6-LIGHT GREEN/ORANGE STRIPE PIN 7-RED/ORANGE STRIPE PIN 15-TAN/ORANGE STRIPE PIN...
  12. T

Ok so I recharged my AC but the compressor wouldnt cycle on. Ran a ton of tests on the low pressure switch, high pressure switch and eatc. The WOT AC relay was constantly clicking so I thought maybe a bad relay. Nope. After some hard thinking and light drinking I came to the conclusion that the...
  13. T

I couldn't get the scanner to work so I took them phone pics for y'all.
  14. T

Explorer pin out Crown Vic wiring diagram again very vague wire descriptions. Explorer EATC wiring diagram very vague descriptions of wire functions. Crown Vic pin out Crown Vic pin out. Explorer pin out Here are the original diagrams and pin outs I used. I'm still...
  15. T

I'm trying to get my wife's new scanner to work as soon as I get it kicking I'm posting it up.
  16. T

I read an article about a guy using a newer eatc face plate on an older body. He custom soldered a lot of stuff though I'll see if I can find it again.
  17. T

It's a complete rewire of the connectors. I cut all the wires and used male and female weather proof spade connectors so I could easily switch around wires to get it just right. It's a lot of studying wire diagrams and pin outs. I'm going to post up the pin outs I created for each unit and give...
  18. T

I got the blower working on all speeds, the vents to switch around properly, the automatic control working, the heat to come on. now to get the ac functioning still got some wiring to tend too but all in all it's been success with the help from the boys at ford sending me tons of wiring diagrams...
  19. T

I got ford to send me the pin outs for each part number unit I have they are all different wiring. I'm going to go and try to wire one up tonight and see if I can make one work if not I'm converting to manuall these eatc units are too expensive and too hard to locate.
  20. T

Ok so I have a 1997 explorer limited 4x4. It has the EATC with rear air. The EATC in it was fried no fixing it. I went to a friends junk yard and found 5 more from various vehicles including a 1999 f150 lariat and a later model crown vic. When I plug in any of these EATC modules they all have...
Back