Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

where is the HEAT?!

On the highway the heat worked, it has not been while idling in the driveway, is this a sign of the water pump on it's way out or the serpentine belt being loose? Anyone have any other ideas on this?
  2. 9

where is the HEAT?!

the HCV is switching
  3. 9

where is the HEAT?!

I did change the pcv 3 days ago... Koda200, I will look into that in the morning, if so thanks a LOT!!!
  4. 9

where is the HEAT?!

The vent air on my explorer is not blowing warm, it was working last night just fine. Today I was working on re-installing the interior cargo panels (after working on my rocker panels) and noticed the heat was not getting warm, have not found any fuses blown but not really sure which one if any...
  5. 9

broken auto shift knob

just bought new shifter, cost me $2 not $70 for an oem... (junk yards are not an option in massachucetts at the moment with 57 feet of snow on the ground) so i am going to drill a spot for the overdrive switch, anyone know what type of switch it is? (i could guess it is a momentary but was...
  6. 9

broken auto shift knob

Thank you for the information. Those are good exact replacement options but I see this being an issue somewhere down the road at a cost of $50 each time the plastic breaks, since there is just a little od button in there i was wondering if anyone has replaced the stock plastic knob with...
  7. 9

broken auto shift knob

The shift knob on my steering column has cracked. Its an automatic so it has an over drive button. I can not find anywhere to find a replacement. Any suggestions or aftermarkets that are made of metal that will stand up better?
  8. 9

rear wiper not touching

The rear wiper on my 98 explorer is not touching the glass until the very end of its travels, i have a feeling this has something to do with where it returns to in a stored position being a little higher than the glass. Are there any common issues that owners have with this?
  9. 9

tow harness?

I have a bad wire in my tow harness, traced it back to the middle of the cargo area but lost it from there, where does the tow harness com out at the front of the vehicle? any common problem areas i should check? the left turn works but the right is out. any relays or connections i should check?
  10. 9

Oh no! Transmission p0741

Where it attaches to the engine right? I'll get under and look in the morning (I think I found a seal in the glove box when I bought it). Last time I checked the transmission fluid it looked a bit over full.
  11. 9

Oh no! Transmission p0741

Hello all! I have a 98 XLT 4.0 SOHC with 187K miles (2nd owner @ 175K miles) and a 5R55E I picked up a popup camper and the OD off light started flashing after I had brought it home. After a few miles without towing it the flashing stopped and started again the next time I hit the OD off...
Back