Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Great Ford Dealerships

Thanks Ford My daddy was always a Ford man and so i have been. Late 2014 i was looking for a new ride to replace my 200k mile Subie. Saw a 2013 Explorer Sport for sale. Drove it,fell in love with but the dealership wanted too much. I kept searching. As my employer at the time used only...
  2. G

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Great thread Jason, and thank you. Just ordered a 5 button FOB for my EX Sport with power lift gate. Lots of Ford dealers here in Central Florida but I hope my dealer will give me the best price for enabling the remote start. I can program the FOB, no sweat. Believe it or not, I've used my...
  3. G

Ford Ecoboost Engine Carbon Deposits: What You Need to Know

Good question that I'd like to know myself. I take my '14 Sport to the dealer I bought it from for service. I'm sure they use bulk oil.
  4. G

New Car Time... questions about the Sport

+1 on Kirsten's statement. Same with my 14 Sport I bought back in September. I did put 8k down on it though,,, just me. You sound like a young man with a good head on his shoulders. You will do well. :thumbsup: Your story sounds almost like mine with the old Subie. I bought a new 2001 Outback...
  5. G

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

Wow! The SEARCH button really works! :D LOLz,,,,,,
  6. G

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Ya think? :D I've had iPhone since the 3 when they came out to public. The only problem I ever had was on my 4, the on/off button became useless after a year. Carrying my regular 5 now for 2 years and I'm thinking about a regular 6,,, just waiting for the new to wear off. I have an S3 as my work...
  7. Delivery Day - Sep 18, 2014

Delivery Day - Sep 18, 2014

My Ford salesman and I took 4 weeks to find the '14 I wanted,,, he found it and delivered it to me 2 weeks ago. This was the first picture I took of it in front of my apt building. Me,,, giggling like a little school girl. In my 53 years, this is only the 2nd time I have felt like a got a...
  8. G

Just checked it when I got in from work a bit ago. With the GEN2-V3.7 update, software version is as follows. CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT 60 mile round trip to the office today, didn't notice anything weird happening. Hope this helps.
  9. G

Glad I got in just under the wire. It wasn't that hard to do.
  10. G

Same here. Just registered with My Ford last night to activate SYNC, said there were 4 software updates I needed for my new 2014 EX Sport. Downloaded the zip file according to directions, went to extract it with the built MS unzip and like you all, invalid file. I tried a couple different ways...
  11. G

I Can't Think of Anything, Yet,,,

Thanks Peter. I did join the Elite membership a few days ago but I haven't read all the stickys in the New Member section. My bad, I should know better. Thanks! The reason might very well be that I've been driving small vehicles since before 1990 with the exception of a 1995 F-250 and am...
  12. G

I Can't Think of Anything, Yet,,,

I can't think of anything I don't like about my new 2014 Explorer Sport,,,yet. I did the intro thing here last week just before I got my Sport. My salesman delivered it to me late that afternoon, 9-18-2014 right to my apartment. A little over a week and ~700 miles later, I'm as happy as a...
  13. G

Subaru Owner for the Second Time

I'm sorry I'm late getting back to you Brooklyn,,, gotta work more hours to afford this thing. Supposed to get it this evening! :D I have the NA 2.5L H4. I like the engine, it's the same displacement as my 2001 Outback albeit quite a bit more smooth. I am attributing my dislike of the CVT to...
  14. G

Thank you for the welcome Brooklyn. From what I've found, Subaru uses a "chain" belt drive, not toothed like one would think. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but it feels like a snow mobile to me, or centrifugal clutch on an old go-cart if you will. Changes in...
  15. G

But not for much longer me thinks. Hey folks, Newbie here to your forum but not a newbie to forums. I come with hat in hand hoping to learn some things from you all. Long story short, lost job a few years ago, out of work for almost 2 years and my old 2001 Outback kept me on the road...
Back