Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Where are you guys getting led's?

I would try and call Dan and drivebrite. That is where I got mine. Good stuff. His number is (913) 304-0720. Have a full led swap and also put in HID from him.
  2. C

Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture)

Hi Dan, I like both options for the DRLs and excited you moving forward on this. I think if I had to pick I would do the shorter one but I will be a customer either way.
  3. C

My Drivebright.com experience (HID and LED Swap)

I agree with Tinner - it makes a huge difference - I am still surprised they did not have stock LED lights. The cargo light on the left hand side is also crap and it looks way better switching that as well. No flicker issues with mine as well, actually I have had zero issues with any of...
  4. C

HID kit

I bought this one with 6000K and LOVE it. My wife even comments how great it looks. http://drivebright.com/home/shop/hid-headlight-replacement-kit-new/
  5. C

LED turn signal how-to (front & rear)

Yeah I have no idea what causes some to need resistors and some not to need them. Really strange but I am glad it is working out for you as it does look much better without the egg yolk!
  6. C

I have done my front and back and ended up needed resistors for both. They both worked fine until it was dark and then the hyperflashing started. For whatever reason having the headlights on caused them to hyper flash. Resistors are super easy to install so I would just do it if you are putting...
  7. C

Sorry for not responding sooner - been out of town for Christmas. I tried the lights at night and I think they are too bright to drive with them on. You could do it but I do not think it would be wise. I will take some pictures of it as well. As far as the fog lights from the above poster -...
  8. C

5th gen LED bulbs?

See my post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419142 (You can get a full LED swap through them)
  9. C

I do not ever drive with them on so it is hard for me to answer that. It is awesome when you get into the car or leave the car. That being said, I am leaving later today to make the trip back to Iowa for the holidays and have a nice 6.5 hour drive which will be mostly at night. So I will...
  10. C

Yes, he said he ships them all the time. As the above post mentioned you can reach him through the website or I emailed him at this email: info@daytimebrightlites.com or his business phone is 913-304-0720
  11. C

1. Not sure yet - reason being he is working on packages for all internal and all external. The HID pricing is on his website. I can update more when I have more info - we are waiting on the red turn signals to come in before we settle up. 2. I took them to him but I was there with him and...
  12. C

Yes, just dropped the HIDs in the stock halogen projector. I know a lot of other forum members have done the same as well and as long as you get a decent HID kit you will be happy. I have no complaints about the one from drive bright. The interior lights are not too difficult. There is...
  13. C

I have been working with Dan at http://drivebright.com/ on a full LED swap and adding HIDs. I took some pictures and will take more on request. I would not be writing this if I did not have such a great experience. We did a full LED swap and put in 6000K HIDs. Here is what we swapped...
  14. C

iPhone Text Messages

I did not know this was supposed to work. It has not worked since I got my sport in October and I just assumed it was not compatible. I will have to try a master reset on MFT.
  15. C

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I like the additional options you can now get but I do not know if it would have been enough for me to spend the extra money on it over the sport. I do like the LED lights but it is about time on those. I was worried I would love the new look after I just bought a 2015 sport but I am...
  16. C

Jeep Grand Cherokee vs Explorer

I sure hope so. I def feel like that would not be an issues for me.
  17. C

Opinion 2015 Sport

SgtDon - Love the Ex! Sorry about the paint issue. First mod I would do it swapping out the blue ford logo for either black or black/red. Makes it look really sharp. I did a black one with my black sport and it makes a huge difference in the look.
  18. C

I mounted them to a metal screw in there, but if it is just a turn signal I would not worry too much about it getting too hot. I assume it is only "working" when the turn signal is on and that is never for very long so I doubt it gets too hot.
  19. C

2015 Black Sport Mods

Thanks for the info - That is the one I would buy as well if I went with it. I am sure I will...just need to pull the trigger - I do not use my fog lights much but did you replace those? I would imagine it looks sort of weird with HIDs and stock fog lights.
  20. C

2015 Black Sport Mods

I love the sport - came from an 08 tribute. This ride is so much smoother and I LOVE the feel of this thing. Technology is pretty good as well. Have fun in Iowa - now that the corn is gone not much to exciting to look at when driving ha ha!
  21. C

2015 Black Sport Mods

Nice, I will probably go through with it, might wait until after the holidays since I will be back in Iowa twice and then I do not have to worry about a ticket until next summer when I go back ha ha! And Go hawks! I am from Waterloo - straight east of Ford Dodge. I have not done Ragbrai but...
  22. C

Yes I did...I got hyper flashing once in awhile with them so I was going to send them back to the ebay guy and he actually offered to send me resistors free of charge. Got those and installed them and now they work and look great! I posted pics in this thread.
Back