Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

The X died...

hmmm i didnt see anywhere for it to mount, it seems like everything is in the right place, but when you press the brake pedal, the brake switch or whatever doesnt move enough with it (which is why the brake lights do not come on) if i press it down manually, the brakes do turn on
  2. 9

The X died...

how can i tell if the brake switch is disconnected? i looked at it and when i manually push the brake switch the brakes turn on, but when i just push the brake pedal they dont, looks like it doesnt move the brake switch enough? i dunno if this is making sense...but please help if you can
  3. 9

The X died...

OK new news, so tonight im out driving and when i get home i see that the brake lights are not working at all, the taillights and also the light on top of the back window. The brakes are working fine; the flashers, reverse, and turn signals all work properly, any suggestions? is it possible...
  4. 9

The X died...

haha it was the fuel pump! everythings better now, thanks for all your help and suggestions
  5. 9

The X died...

Well my 98 EB X died last night while i was driving, in the middle of the road. Took about 45 minutes for me and some friends that came to push it to the side, then we tried jumping it, didnt work. It wouldnt even turn over, just completely dead, steering and brakes would not work either (made...
  6. 9

Meineke Offers Dual Exhaust System: $350

ya thats what i was afraid of NusenseSD :banghead: Anyone have any suggestions on loud mufflers that will fit my application?
  7. 9

new guy.....

hey Ian, welcome to the site. Im just wondering, what kind of exhaust setup you have on your X, thanks.
  8. 9

Ok thanks for the info. I could see why making that "y" adapter wouldnt be worth it, but does flowmaster make a 40 series non-delta with 2 inlets? I have been looking but i cant find any, and this is the muffler i want, well actually i just want a nice and really loud one, if there are any...
  9. 9

Sorry to jack the post, but i was just wondering if this muffler will work with my 1998 5.0 X? if i need anymore information, please give it to me! I want it to be a dual exhaust setup, and loud. Thanks alot
  10. 9

Have a `93, adding a `91.

If it turns out the engine is bad.....get the 302!! not another 4.0.. ;)
  11. 9

Just saying hello

Hi, welcome to the site!!
  12. 9

98XOwner's Explorer

Hey everyone, my name is David and i live in Austin, Texas. I've got a '98 EB 5.0 X, which i bought in august of 2003. I'm a big fan of the street scene, as well as off roading...hopefully one day i can have two explorers, one street and one off road. Right now the only mod i have is 2...
  13. 9

HI Im New to bolth the site and the truck

Welcome!!! you'll be able to find all the information you will ever need here
  14. 9

My xplodin xplorer, check it out

ooooh somebody from Austin...i havent been here that long but your the first ive seen other than myself :chug:
  15. 9

All New Redesigned Explorer Interior

haha ya, put it on cruise control....at least you'll die a happy man :chug:
  16. 9

Hi, I'm new to this site.

Welcome to the site!!
  17. 9

KKM vs. K&N Intake

Ok a little help needed here, ive got a k&n filter in my 98 X, the sticker on it says that it is non-removable, i just noticed this yesterday when i went to replace it...what can i do if i cant replace it?
  18. 9

Amp not getting the signal from the HU

The same thing happened to me, it turned out that it was an internal problem in the amp, got a new one and it worked like a charm.
  19. 9

Illegal Tire Size For Explorer

Ya i really hate how alot of tire stores wont put anything but stock tires on explorers. haha last time i went to a tire store and asked about it they said it was illegal to run anything but my stock 255/70/16, the guy argued with me about it until i gave up and walked out.
  20. 9

Exhaust Tip

ya i meant exhaust kits not tips, sry for any confusion philipb123
  21. 9

Exhaust Tip

I'm not sure if a kit comes with a nice tip, there are only a few available for Explorers, your better off buying the muffler you want and taking it to a local shop and having them weld the pipes and whatnot.
  22. 9

Exhaust Tip

I think chrome tips look pretty good, better than stock IMO. Ive got a chrome tip on my exhaust until i can save up some money and get a flowmaster dual exhaust setup :chug:
  23. 9

Newbie with a couple inquiries

I do remember seeing a thread that someone had posted on installing an ipod into the center console, had pics and everything. ipod install
  24. 9

New Member to the Extreme

Welcome to the site!
  25. 9

New member intro'

Welcome Greg! You'll find all your looking for and much more here, a good place for you to start asking about modding your explorer would be in the modified explorations forum.
Back