Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

4th gen hatch on a 3rd gen? will it fit

Gonna leave this thread here for you guys.. 4th gen hatch swap on 3rd gen Explorer DONE!!!
  2. B

3rd gen lift help please

As I've previously stated, the 1.5 inch front/1 inch rear spacers (that's the size of the spacers, they provide roughly .5 inch more lift than the size of the spacers, making it a 2 inch front/1.5 inch rear lift) do not affect the upper control arms in any noticeable way. I have ran them for...
  3. B

Off Road Tires and Wheels for 2005 Explorer XLT

I can remember the many arguments I had with my dad when I wanted to lift my first Explorer after I turned 16... fun times! First off, if you're worried about safety, do you know what lift he is planning on installing? Are you guys planning on installing it at home or are you having a shop do...
  4. B

3rd gen lift help please

Nice truck. I haven't noticed any sag when we've been loaded up. Carried gear, bags, and food for four people when we went camping in Colorado this winter, plus my roof basket. It'll do it again for a few weeks this summer. Here's some pictures where you can see that the ride height is...
  5. B

3rd gen lift help please

This is basically what I built my truck for, to be able to get to any campsite, trailhead, put in/take out point, ect. The strut spacers shouldn't necessarily decrease the amount of travel you have, but they definitely won't increase it. I can't speak to if the quick lifts will increase the...
  6. B

3rd gen lift help please

As others have said, really 3 inches of lift is all you're gonna be able to get on these trucks. It's also important to note that if you do go for that you're going to be putting a lot of stress on both your CV joints and UCA/Ball joints. Other than just constantly replacing your CV joints...
  7. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks man. I'm running this 3" front/2" rear leveling kit. I like these spacers because they provide enough clearance to run my 265/75/17R tires on 17x9 Procomp Series 98 wheels, but unlike some of the taller spacers available they don't impact the angle of your upper control arms much. That...
  8. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Figured it was time to share some shots of my '03 EB from 2018 so far. Many more adventures (and mods) planned!
  9. B

3rd gen with plow? - New Explorer Researcher

This thread probably has everything you need to know.
  10. B

3rd gen fog light led pods

@drakeguy22 do you have amber lights or an amber cover on your fogs? Been trying to find amber covers for my 03.
  11. B

2nd row bucket seats

Not sure about the 3rd gens, but some 4th gens definitely came with captain chairs for the 2nd row, and then the two person bench for the 3rd row. I think this was maybe only an option on the Limited trim though (possibly Eddie Bauer?) There are several with this option in my area with...
  12. B

Max Tire Size

Related question; In the 3rd gens the largest tire that will fit in the spare tire carrier is 265 give or take some. I would assume this is the same for the 4th gens, correct?
  13. B

Fog Lights for XLS "Rubber" Bumper

This thread may be of your interest. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/xls-bumper-swap.376164/
  14. B

Steel Bumper and Winch - 2002 Explorer XLT

n.gardner had one on his truck. There is lots of info about it on his thread. Also I don't know about on this forum, but Instagram the page "Built Explorers" posted this picture a bit back. I don't remember who/where but I've seen this style (or pretty close to it) of bumper on other...
  15. B

Offroad lights install in grille

See page 51 of the 3rd Gen Pics thread to see how ExplorerKing installed his. I did mine the exact same way. Pretty happy with how they look.
  16. B

Rear Hatch Jammed

Thanks guys, opened up right away by doing that TechGuru. The arm had popped off of the connector to the hatch.
  17. B

Rear Hatch Jammed

Hi all, did some looking and couldn't find anything at all on this. Last week on my way back from some camping and hiking I realized that the top hatch piece looked like it was open. I tried to pop it using the key fob and button above the rear handle, but nothing happened. I couldn't push it...
  18. B

BohKnows' 02 XLS

Current Mods: -Blacked out stock rims, trim, running boards, roof rails, grille, door handles. -F-150 Tow hooks -Blacked out headlight casings -Black/Clear corners -LED's mounted behind grille -Cross bars and roof basket w/ spare tire -Rear facing lights mounted to basket Planned...
  19. B

Painted Stock Wheels - Post Pictures

I used 3 coats of Krylon fusion on mine. Looks much better than plasti dip in my opinion.
  20. B

BTF Upper Control Arm Alternate Options?

Hi, I'm preparing to install the 3" leveling kit from BTF, however I don't exactly have $575 laying around for the upper control arms. I remember once seeing on someone's registry that they had the same spacers, but had a different brand upper control arms, but can't remember who it was...
  21. B

Cost to install Btf spacers (front only)

Local shop will charge me $250 to have both the spacers and new UCA's installed, along with an alignment. After hearing stories like yours Rckslick, any confidence I had in doing them myself has disappeared.
  22. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Original Not much to look at right now, lots on the to-do list (3" body lift, smoked headlights/tail lights, bfgoodrich all-terrain t/a ko tires). I think it looks cleaner than what it originally looked like though.
  23. B

Painted Trim+Wheels

Hey everyone, recently I decided it was time to get rid of that ugly grey trim on my 2002 ex. HUGE thanks to everyone herehttp://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335159. Used krylon fusion paint on both the wheels and trim, then truck bed liner on parts of the runner bars (which...
Back