Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

5.0 AWD Tuning

Thank you for telling me this or that could turn out to be an real issue lol.
  2. A

5.0 AWD Tuning

Alright well thanks for clearing that up for me. And what do you mean by drift in park? Like will it start rolling along even though it is in park or will it allow me to do drifting/ burnouts in a parking lot?
  3. A

5.0 AWD Tuning

Yes I would be up for that. You ran the summer with no issues? I cannot remember who or where I was told that its not a good thing.
  4. A

5.0 AWD Tuning

I was under the impression that pulling the front shaft would eat up the viscous clutch in the transfer case or something else on the inside.
  5. A

5.0 AWD Tuning

Hello all, I haven't been around in a while. I recently rebuild the 5.0 for the second time. This time she got lighter weight pistons, bigger intake valves with ported heads/intake, mild - aggressive cam which were the biggest on the list that was done. Heres what it looked like going back in...
  6. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Right I really hope this is the last time it comes out but at least nothing will be frozen like you said.
  7. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

I wish I would have seen that page a couple months ago. Even though that is for bikes, the concept is still the same. Thanks for that. Well the engine will come back out and get re ringed and properly broke in.
  8. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Yea you will definitely be the first to know. I am going to pull the plugs this weekend prolly when I get a chance.
  9. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Honestly there is not much more power difference, I feel a little bit more mid range acceleration. But the sound is definitely better, its more throughter and rumbly, if thats makes sense at all just more of a healthy v8 sound. I am thinking tho that a dyno tune will help which I am planning on...
  10. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Havent pulled the plugs yet. We did re-hone the bock, there was no ridge at all, walls look brand new before and after. but it did get re-honed. Crosshatch looks great for 100,000mi We replaced the rings because of the fact that they were stuck to the pistons, so the pistons got cleaned like...
  11. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

My father did most of the rebuilding with my help. The machine shop got the heads and the upper and lower intake. Heads were ported and polished, intake was ported. I appreciate the help My father owns an auto repair shop in the chicago area of which I have worked at part time while going to...
  12. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

Yes it did get new rings, I wanted what was the best that I could get and my machine shop told me to get these ones and said that they we made my hastings but they came in a plane white box. Which I was hesitant from the get go about. but the bock did not get re honed.
  13. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

I will pull the plugs and take a look because you are right that should tell the story. As far as compression goes, I don't know if it changed, will the upgraded cam make that much of a difference?. Its a Comp XE266hr. Oil pump is the stock one, I was going to upgrade it but the upgraded one...
  14. A

Rebuilt 5.0 Using Oil

So my beloved 5.0 that i spent half the summer rebuilding is going through oil. I had the engine out because the rear main and front cover was leaking. So the engine got broke down into a million pieces and most of everything got replaced trying to do things the right way and I put in a comp cam...
  15. A

Rebuilt 5.0 valve train noise

What was your fix for this? as I am having the same issue after putting in the same cam.
  16. A

Toyo Tires?

Try building the tire on tirerack.com and you can compare it to others and see all the performance ratings. I have Firestone destination a/t on mine and so far with 5,000 mi on them i like them no noise at all.
  17. A

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Here is a video of my 5.0 exhaust. I have a rear cat delete with a mac cat back system dual 2.5in in and 3in out. https://youtu.be/HctvZaljOX0
  18. A

5.0 Build

Engine is all out and all parts are sent out to the respective places. I made a video of my exhaust note before I pulled the engine out. Then I can do another video when I am done and hear the difference.
  19. A

5.0 Build

Engine is on its way out. Man those trans bolts are a pain in the rear. My plan: Reseal engine New cam/ springs 1" Intake spacer Port the heads/intake Powder coat valve covers Ceramic coat stock manifolds Then probably have it dyno tuned. I am going to put up a video of how...
  20. A

Exhaust Headers/Manifold - 5.0L

What is the contact info over there? You are talking al's headers as in torque monsters right? How much did you spend? Thanks
  21. A

'00 sport SOHC 5r55e battery draining quickly.

put a multimeter on the battery when the vehicle is off to see if there is a draw. if there is which it sounds like there is pull some fuses one by one and see if it goes away that way you can isolate where the draw is coming from. That is what happens when a ball joint has had play and been...
  22. A

5.0 CAM Help

Please share if you have a cam in your 5.0 Thanks!
  23. A

5.0 CAM Help

Thanks for all the input VR4 I just saw your youtube videos and you are right there is not much of a difference at idle between the two. If i went with the 270 it would not be as aggressive than your 276 and I am probably going to get it dyno tuned after I am all done.
  24. A

5.0 CAM Help

Your fine. So you would recommend getting a torque converter then? Do you have one? What did you do for a tune in yours? thanks for the input
  25. A

5.0 CAM Help

What do you mean by stall? The 35-510-8 looks like the more popular one to go with and says it is a great factory replacement. And it says the 35-514-8 has a slight idle though. How is the idle/ roughness of yours. Do you by chance have a video of it? thanks for the input
Back