Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Is this a good deal!?

tpms is Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I love my vehicles that do have them. Having worked at a tire shop, it allows you to possibly save the tire if it gets a flat. Also helps prevent experiencing a blow out. Yeah I'll talk to them this week.
  2. F

Is this a good deal!?

They still haven't sold this one and are firm on the price. Eh....
  3. F

For Sale Bi-Xenon Retrofit 3rd gen

I still haven't heard from the buyer on these. He got them. I don't know anything else.... I assume he's enjoying them sense I haven't gotten an email or anything back...
  4. F

Ah I don't know. What do you want? I certainly don't do this as a business but I could help out if I was paid for my time or something. Your headlights or new ones from ebay? Which projectors, Ballasts, Bulbs, shrouds, harness etc...? I just got some new parts in to retrofit my truck. MH1...
  5. F

Is this a good deal!?

Yeah, Non Smoker here. One of my previous explorers was a smoker and it was terrible.
  6. F

Is this a good deal!?

Woooooooow. lol Just noticed that.
  7. F

Is this a good deal!?

I won't let a v6 keep me from buying it. If i could fix it i could flip it if I wanted to sell it for a v8 down the road. Even if it needed a new tranny i would still be under its kbb and nada.... I'll buy anything i can make my money back on a year or two later. That's a positive investment...
  8. F

Is this a good deal!?

Yeah I agree. Considering they get similar mpg I'd prefer the v8.
  9. F

Is this a good deal!?

I'm a bells and whistles guy. My most recent Audi spoiled me. I want all those features, so maybe the 4th gen is better for me. It still lacks Stuff that I'll be able to add to it. We'll see. I think I can break under 3,000 I really think it will be worth going to look at. I told them no way...
  10. F

Is this a good deal!?

thanks guys What about this deal. Just needs a tranny solenoid pack according to them.... How are the 06's. http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5530869592.html I talked them down to 3200. I think I can get it a little bit lower. My wife and I are expecting, and we have to sell her suv to...
  11. F

sold sold sold sold
  12. F

Posting this here in case anyone else didn't know the bi-xenon is run off a single ballast per unit. --------------------------------- To be clear. The Bi-Xenon uses only one single ballast per light, because it uses only one single Xenon (HID Bulb) per Bi-Xenon Projector. What it means by...
  13. F

Checked Shipping. USPS is $22 and UPS is also $22.83. I will knock off a couple bucks and make it $20 even. I'll also be giving you 2 additonal HID Bulbs that I had in the old High beam. I have it currently wired to turn the old high beam on with the new B-Xenon High beam. If you don't want...
  14. F

Will do, I'm on shift until 7am and I'll check it tomorrow.
  15. F

Is this a good deal!?

Alright thanks. Yeah I'm plenty mechanically inclined to replace the motor if something were to happen. Not really worried about that, I'll do all the work. (Dropping my 540I BMW transmission tomorrow actually) Monday I'll find out more. What should I be looking at price wise. 5,000? Or...
  16. F

Is this a good deal!?

Looks like a dealer. I'll find out more monday when I call them about it. We really need to sell my wifes car or one of mine before I take it on. I really want it though. :/
  17. F

Is this a good deal!?

Hey guys! ( And any Gals ) I've owned two 3rd gen explorers and I don't know why... but I LOVE them! I've been out of my last one for ahwile and really want to get back into another. This time, I want to stay and not wish it had a sunroof, or black leather etc.... So instead of a...
  18. F

So... Been awhile. Really sorry guys. Bumping this back up to confirm they are for sale and I'm lowering the price as well. New Price $150 + Shipping
  19. F

Bought an Explorer at an Auction! EEK!

Sold the explorer for 2200. Still a deal in my opinion, and I told him the sound was probably the timing chain. "Motors are 800 online, 100 at pull a part" was the response I got. I have my eye on an 05 Eddie Bauer Edition since it has the Sunroof, V8 and fully loaded. If I buy it i'll be...
  20. F

Also, if it doesnt sell I'll try checking the timing tensioner before pulling the covers to check for slack and then checking everything else to pintpoint the rattle. It's still not for sure the chains. Outside of that I'll drive it until it explodes. 1 month, or 5 years from now whenever that...
  21. F

VIN history check

Sent you a PM. Once I get your email I can send you the full report in pdf format. Hope that helps
  22. F

VIN history check

I have an account for carfax if you'd like me to run it for you and send you the report.
  23. F

I added the same rant just about on here onto my ad so you'll sleep better tonight.
  24. F

You have no idea it's a timing chain. Neither do I. We can make an assumption because it's a common problem but i've been under the car and It only rattle at start up when its cold and I've read that could also be a tranny filter needing replaced, I've already read the rattle CAN be a heat...
  25. F

Finally got a few decent shots.
Back