Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Sævar Örn

46" 1991 Explorer in Iceland.

Just had a casual sunday catch up of this thing, oh the shenanigan.. Glad to have moved on honestly, but it served me well and was a great lesson learned :) cheers- Sævar - Iceland
  2. Sævar Örn

The Chevy is all good now .. see however, more interestingly, recently my Ford Explorer which I sold in 2017 showed up in the for sale of facebook, I don't know if there is a new owner, EVEN more strangely, I was sent a photograph recently of that same Ford Explorer which had made it into a...
  3. Sævar Örn

hehe not even a straight restoration just making it roadworthy again and have good fun and maybe some burnouts
  4. Sævar Örn

BUILD THREAD - 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland I haven't completely abondoned the U.S. marketplace of vehicles, hehe, here's my most recent aquiry.
  5. Sævar Örn

It's a real pity all the pictures are gone, you can see them with a browser extension though... I sold the car a year ago, about 2 months later I bought a toyota pickup truck, you can follow my endevours on this thread if you like! MK4 Hilux travel rig from Iceland *56K warning
  6. Sævar Örn

List of Useful Threads Ford Explorer & Ranger Solid Axle Swap - SAS - Registry Index

Add me, Add me, Add me...! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/46-1991-explorer-in-iceland.415099/
  7. Sævar Örn

Shortened the aux steering jack rod about 5cm(1&3/4 inch) it should be stronger like this Finally back on his feet, much lower gearing now AC delete, Im removing the AC cooler from the engine bay, it takes up the space of two car batteries, and almost weighs the same too! I'll be...
  8. Sævar Örn

Alright, this time of year again... Ive been taking the explorer to the surgeons table every now and then, but now it starts for real... My 2014 ring and pinion gears ruined from rust :) I ended up drilling and retapping all of the cover bolt holes... Getting pretty good at this...
  9. Sævar Örn

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I dont have a photo of my setup exactly, but its very similar to this photo...
  10. Sævar Örn

I mount my Hi-lift jack to the roof rack, I disassemble it and keep the ratchet and base plate tethered in the back of the car, but the hi lift stair I keep on the roof rack, very convenient To make usage of the Hi lift safer I welded a snug fit U shape metal bar the jack fits into, this way...
  11. Sævar Örn

Jack's SAS version 3.0

It looks great buddy, I like your scenery of offroading!
  12. Sævar Örn

August EF Lottery

Showing off Floating on top of the snow Not so much floating on the snow, lol King of the hill Pulling my stuck friend, I was almost stuck, it was very difficult to move in that powdery deep snow, but tire size matters, Im wearing 46" and the other truck (toyota landcruiser) is...
  13. Sævar Örn

You inspired me back to work! Its about 20 minutes work to remove the front axle as a complete unit Up on the work stand I built, now just a powerwash and drain before disassembly I drained the oil, and a thought struck my head, I hadnt ever changed the oil after the past occurance...
  14. Sævar Örn

Hey man, sorry yea I finished my shop, but I've been working 7am to 11pm for about a month now, soon I will put the Explorer inside and remove the front axle and tear it apart for rebuilding. I'm still ahead of schedule though because last year I bought the Ssangyong which I took the engine out...
  15. Sævar Örn

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

I haven't been working on my truck much lately, ive been renovating my workshop, painting and changing, putting in a long awaited beer cooler! Washing machine for cleaning oily clothes and towels and gloves, I dont know how many pairs of gloves i've thrown in the trash because they've become...
  16. Sævar Örn

July EF Lottery

Sorry for my flood of photos, I hope you like some of them This is my travel 4x4 for the summer time, a very efficient turbo diesel :) The red one on the right side was my travel buddy for 6 years before I bought my Explorer, I traveleed in this car both winter and summer It was very...
  17. Sævar Örn

Thanks my man, I will be posting more photos after I get back from my summer vacation, then I will tackle changing the diff ratio in my front axle, and probably going nuts and replacing all ball joints, seals and bearings and rebuilding the brakes completely lol you know me by now LOL I love...
  18. Sævar Örn

Spare Gas Carrying Ideas?

In the photo the auxilary tank is not inside the frame rail, so it gives about 4 inches of space for the driveshaft which is tight, but more than enough, I have 4 link rear suspension with coil springs so there is very little side to side movement of the driveshaft, almost less than an inch from...
  19. Sævar Örn

Here's a cold start video, the car had been sitting for 2 months since mid of may 2016, started right up and purrs like a stone chipper! lol http://vid121.photobucket.com/albums/o221/saebbi/EXPLORER/20160715_210742.mp4 Did some test driving today, things look bright, top speed is about...
  20. Sævar Örn

Spare Gas Carrying Ideas?

Here's how I doubled my capacity... for Diesel of course! lol The photo might confuse you, but it's my 1991 Ford Explorer, the auxilary fuel tank fits well inside the frame rail like the factory tank, and is of equal size,
  21. Sævar Örn

I thought paying for a new slide hammer was a waste of money, so i made my own, and it worked great ONe more fedex shipment from USA Everything shiny and new New brake pipes, new wheel cylinders, new brakes new bearings new seals new diff new locker new everything, sandblasted and...
  22. Sævar Örn

I'm too lazy to wear safety glasses and I admit it, it's a real shame. But after reading this, after work today I'm going to go and pick some heavy duty glasses that fit well and are comfortable, and some earprotectors aswell. I like to use a face mask shield when I use a cut off wheel though,
  23. Sævar Örn

My brake shoes were finished, so I ordered at rockauto brake shoe kit, complete hold down and spring kit and new wheel cylinders, i already replaced both wheel bearings and wheel seals, so this will be like a new axle after this rebuild, lol :-)
  24. Sævar Örn

Rear Driveline wont't turn?

transfer case is in 4wd and the drivetrain is locked via the front driveshaft?
  25. Sævar Örn

Xmas came early? should keep me busy for a few days :)
Back