Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Reasonable expectations off MSRP on 2015 Explorer Limited

I did the True Car then emailed every dealer within 250 miles with the exact color, options and everything I wanted and waited to hear from them. I let them know I had talked to 20 dealers and was ready to buy and the best initial offer I got I would be there that weekend to buy and got several...
  2. 1

Reasonable expectations off MSRP on 2015 Explorer Limited

Jackie, I got just at 15% off MSRP on 15 XLT from Crowne Ford in Fayetteville NC a little over a month ago and then a week after that my dad decided he wanted one and I called and they would not get even close to the price or % they gave me. At that time I did qualify for about $2000 in rebates...
  3. 1

2015 Ford Explorer Sport pricing confusion, unhaggle is full of sh*t?

I am still curious if I got a good deal or not(I am happy with it so I guess that makes it good). I was eligible for X plan, MSRP on X plan site was $40,100. X plan price was $37,700. I was offered $33,600 if financed through Ford or $34,100 if leased through Ford all with no trade. I took the...
  4. 1

Door alignment issue

Crystal will help you, I have an appointment at 10:00am tomorrow at the nearest dealership with a body shop and they said they will fix it one way or another! thanks Kevin
  5. 1

New Tint, LED conversion

I ordered the same turn signal and taillight overlays yesterday. Are you happy with the dark smoke? I ordered dark but was thinking about calling and changing it to light smoke out of fear of no light shining through. I only ordered the cover for the amber lens on front and the ones with the...
  6. 1

"50 Shades of GREY" Teaser.....

Thanks for the help and pictures Sgt411! Will give it a shot this weekend Kevin(Cpl)
  7. 1

Can you order the door handles painted? I am having my grille painted soon and hopefully my entire lower trim(depending upon cost) and if I can figure out how to remove the smaller piece of the handle I will have it painted at the same time I have the grille.
  8. 1

Door alignment issue

I have contacted the original dealer and the one 14 miles away and neither seems to know what to do about it. That's why I came on here to ask if anyone has had it repaired so I could let them know and possibly speed up the process. Orangesoda123 has given some good advice and Crystal is helping...
  9. 1

Door alignment issue

Will do Crystal, thanks !!!!!!!
  10. 1

Door alignment issue

Cause I have a month old $43,000 truck that the door does not align properly and I would like to get fixed ASAP cause every time I look at the truck it just taunts me. It's been almost 3 weeks and they cannot tell me anything
  11. 1

Door alignment issue

I know I have read of several owners having the issue of the bottom of the passenger door sticking out about a 1/4" farther than it should. Has anyone had this repaired or is there anyway to adjust it. I contacted my dealer that is 150 miles away and they acknowledged that some that were still...
  12. 1

Like the truck. Did you paint or buy the grille and the tailgate strip? Is that just a wrap on the door chrome trims?
  13. 1

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Make Explorer stand like Everest I have searched the internet over looking for owners who have installed the Traxda lift kit and have seen several traxda photos but none from owners with reviews. On Amazon 2 people have reviewed the front lift with positives marks but nothing in detail. I am to...
  14. 1

All Terrain / Off Road Tires

If anyone has done this could you post pictures. i also have the 18" tires and am interested in a larger a/t tire. Thanks, Kevin
  15. 1

Introduction and price

I posted all this on New member but thought I would also put it on here since this is where I will be creeping around Last week drove 150 miles to pick up my 15 Mag grey XLT FWD -202a equipment group -power liftgate -Roof rack crossbars -Dual panel moonroof -18" wheels -Charcoal...
  16. 1

Possible Group Buy on Shark Fin

Thanks Peter, I am going to order 2 today. Kevin
  17. 1

How big can you go with 18" wheels?

Oh yea, thanks for all the help and advice from everyone.
  18. 1

I will try and contact them. It appears to be the easiest way to replace the OEM with a 5 minute stick on. If I waited till the 16 model comes out would it all be 1 piece that would have to replace the sat base and all? Thanks for all the help
  19. 1

Peterk9 You are correct. I was looking for a higher sidewall and not really concerned with width. Even if I do not do it right now I would like to get an idea so when I do replace them if I could up the ratio to 65,70,75? also possibly go with a little more aggressive looking tire that still...
  20. 1

Thanks I figured that as well. Do you know if there is more than one model Visual Garage or if it would be the same as the Focus? They have done this same group buy in the past and got over 50 people to pay so I may just try and join in theirs if I can get it in magnetic grey. I agree at $89...
  21. 1

Hi again, my 2nd of probably many post. I have used the search option and could not locate an answer. I just got my EX(2015 Mag Grey XLT) and after driving many went with the 18" wheels for the ride quality all though I liked the looks of the polished 20" better. Does anyone know how big of tire...
  22. 1

Hi everyone, I just took delivery of my 15 Explorer last week and did lots of my research on here so thanks to all for the info. The one thing I have found that I am not crazy about is the OEM antenna and will probably be buying 2(My dad has a Ruby Red on order) Visual Garage models and was...
Back