Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Battery keeps dying...

Hello all. I have a 2005 ford explorer 4.0. lately it has been killing batteries. new battery lasts about a month. I dont know if its the alternator or a short somewhere. I drive the truck about 2 miles to and form work. not sure if that is far enough to keep batt charged. not sure what is...
  2. L

Battery issues advice...

usually my expy is used on the weekends only. during the week is the explorer.
  3. L

Battery issues advice...

k. I will take it to get tested. and I will just try out a new walmart 50 battery. thx brooks
  4. L

Battery issues advice...

The expedition ;battery is around 2 years old. the expedition is good2go. i dont have issues with expy. the explorer is the one that has the issue. So if the alternator is not good it wont charge battery? aside from removing alternator to test it.....should i turn truck on and remove negative...
  5. L

Battery issues advice...

2005 explorer 2013 expedition I drive my explorer to work everyday about 6 miles round trip.
  6. L

Battery issues advice...

Hello all. i have a 2005 explorer. i noticed that when it started getting cold here in El Paso my battery would have a hard time starting up the car in the mornings. after about a week of struggling to start up the truck it died. one morning it just did not start anymore. I went to wal mart and...
  7. L

engine issue...

thx
  8. L

Brake....

no I have not changed the oil lately. burning smell only outside in front of truck. thx.
  9. L

engine issue...

146,000 miles. 4.0. no engine problems.
  10. L

engine issue...

??
  11. L

Brake....

there is a burning smell coming from then engine somewhere. I don't see smoke. the temp is fine. I did armour all the top of the engine when I cleaned it but that was about 2 months ago. any ideas? thx can someone put up a diagram of where I can find the fuses for the windshield washer motor...
  12. L

2005 brake advice...

Sorry forgot question 2. there is a burning smell coming from then engine somewhere. I don't see smoke. the temp is fine. I did armour all the top of the engine when I cleaned it but that was about 2 months ago. any ideas? thx can someone put up a diagram of where I can find the fuses for...
  13. L

engine issue...

Hello. I have a 2000 explorer eddie bauer. lately I have noticed I turn the key to turn on and it keeps trying to turn over. but it does not turn on. then I stop and press the pedal a few times and then it starts. why the studdering? I took in for a fuel injection cleaning and it is still doing...
  14. L

Brake....

ok. how to you bleed brakes? how do you adjust parking brake? thx.
  15. L

Brake....

Hello. I just took the truck in for a brake inspection. I have noticed the brake goes to far down when braking and when the emergency brake is on it also goes all the way down. Once I put the ER brake on and let go of the brake pedal the truck rolls back on the drive way. it sucks because when...
  16. L

2005 brake advice...

Hello. I have a question. I just took the truck in for a brake inspection. I have noticed the brake goes to far down when braking and when the emergency brake is on it also goes all the way down. Once I put the ER brake on and let go of the brake pedal the truck rolls back on the drive way. it...
Back