Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

ST review by TFL

Any idea when the embargo ends?
  2. T

ST review by TFL

Interesting although doesn't say too much more than is already known. Looking forward to a follow on review where they focus more on the driving - I interpreted the beginning of the video comment as they are not allowed to comment on that yet? TheSalamander
  3. T

2020 PHEV??

Good overview. So far everything that I am seeing on the Ford Explorer looks promising, and the updates to Sync look promising. All going well we'll be getting the ST later this year. TheWombat
  4. T

Sync 3, Sync 4 and 2020 Explorer.

I’ve seen a couple of mentions of Sync 4 in threads but further research doesn’t indicate any roadmap and the Explorer 2020 comes with Sync 3. Anyone know how different the Sync 3 in the 2020 is to the existing Sync in the 2019 Explorer? Is there any expectation of Sync 4 being released...
  5. T

2020 Explorer

Any indication as to when we may begin to see automotive road tests / road reviews? TheWombat
  6. T

Buy vs lease musings

Thanks for the various perspectives. I have been considering a 17/18 Sport as an interim option and then either buying the 6th gen new in ~2022/2023 or buying a used one. Going for a 17/18 Sport would save ~$20-25k, perhaps more, compared to the new ST which is obviously a fairly significant...
  7. T

Buy vs lease musings

While we wait for the Explorer 2020 to arrive I thought I'd start a thread around buy vs lease thoughts to get people's perspectives. While I am starting this based on my own scenario please feel free to add your own to the discussion. Scenario: Mr & Mrs Wombat, 2 kids (4&6) Existing cars...
  8. T

Auto Start-Stop Technology

I've driven a number of cars with stop-start technology and never had an issue. The engine restarts immediately. The main benefit/use case for the stop-start in my view is where you are just stuck in traffic that is going straight, or at traffic/stop lights - in neither of these circumstances...
  9. T

2020 Explorer

I believe in the US the 12.3" digital cluster also comes on the ST. At least according to the Order Guide PDF TheWombat
  10. T

2011-15 vs 2016 Exterior Styling

I guess I am one of the minority as I like the grill and new headlights of the 2016. I was looking to go for the Range Rover Sport however even if the base model is still $60k, or more like $70k with some options and this would be the V6 Supercharged which is slower than the Explorer. Therefore...
  11. T

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on the forum for about 3 months as we're considering the Explorer Sport for mid-2015. It will be our first Ford and the Sport interests us for the 6/7 seats (3rd row would only be for occasional use), the extra space when the 3rd row is folded, and the...
Back