Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

06 v6 transmission issue

Ok so this weekend had to replace the thermostat housing and it leaked a lot of anti freeze all over the engine and down the back side. After completing that and driving 40 miles to work on the interstate and coming to a traffic light it just started banging when trying to take off and it was...
  2. M

06 timing chain rattle

The rattle is silent at startup and is low to moderate after it’s warmed up and driven for an hour, that’s why I was wondering if the tensioner it’s might be bad, seen a video with a louder rattle and the guy put a new tensioner or on it and it instantly went away. Just tying to find a cheap fix...
  3. M

06 timing chain rattle

Yes it’s got 174,000 and it’s a 2006, I thought Ford updated something on the newer 4.0. Got an estimate to do the front chain for about $900 was wondering if I should just try to replace the tension or what.
  4. M

06 timing chain rattle

I have read several posts about this death rattle , confirmed today it’s coming from the front. However it’s not very loud and makes no noise at startup until it warms up. My question is how many people have had this where it makes no noise at startup until it’s warm and how long did you drive...
  5. M

Help finding door part 06 Explorer

yes that looks like the part, but def not worth $35 but thanks for the help, ill just do without it for that price
  6. M

Tried there. Couldn't find it
  7. M

looked the part number up on this with no results, anyone know if and where you can purcahse this, its the cover below the window switches
  8. M

06 Explorer Questions

I have the V6, it runs fine while driving and when you start it up after its set overnight. it just does the rough idle after i drive it, shut it off then get back in it and start it up.
  9. M

Wanted Retractable cargo cover

looking for a cargo cover for an 06 explorer
  10. M

06 Explorer Questions

Does the 06 model have the tpms ? cant seem to find an answer if it came with that. Also the O/D button does not work, I have taken the console off the shifter but does anyone know if the plug for the button is visible? and where is it located? When i start the vehicle it sometimes rough...
Back