Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

People that have the Super-runner steering???

:D Lemme see what i can do, im in the process of moving for the next couple of weeks but i know i do have some material around that was left over. Gimme a bit and i will either get back to you with info or maybe i can make one for ya ;)
  2. I

Feel free, i would be more than happy to help with what i can. :)
  3. I

Thanks alot 410! Basically the set up was quite simple. I had bored out the housings on a lathe until i got my required inner diameter so my bearings would fit in snug, altho i left a step at the bottom of each housing so the bearings didn't just slide through. i used 5 radial ball bearings in...
  4. I

Having the ability to change the tie rods without going to superlift is a way better deal. I had the same thought in mind when i build my linkage. And bearings instead of bushings is so much more stable. Here is a pic of my linkage. It is completely custom, not 1 part is superlift. I too went...
  5. I

4" inch superlift

Yea that sounds like a problem then, obviously the shaft was turning? When you did the lift, were the auto hubs installed correctly? If it worked prior to the lift then you may want to inspect the Hub. Manual hubs would be the way to go tho.
  6. I

Axle pivot bushings

yea, taking the beams out is your best bet. Will make it alot easier to remove and install the bushings. You should consider doing the RA bushings as well, while the beams are out.
  7. I

NEED HELP - 93 EB, need Thrust Spacers..

Do you mean the thrust spacers that are part of the wheel assembly on the dana 35? If so then maybe visit the scrap yard. I had toasted mine too once when a U joint went and had to replace it. The dealer will give you a 3 piece spacer but if you cannot get that, then the junk yard usually has X...
  8. I

4" inch superlift

The parts you describe sound to me like the bump stop extensions, that is probably what you are missing. Im not sure why your 4x4 would stop working after the lift, does the light turn on when you push the button? Can you hear the relay click in the back? I too agree that the lift would not...
  9. I

help with first gen lift

Sounds to me that what you are describing are the Sway bar drop brackets, they go inbetween the frame and swaybar brackets in order to compensate for the lift.
  10. I

Steering gear change out

The only way to straighten everything back up is with a wheel alignment. Just make sure that the pitman arm is on the gearbox in the correct position.
  11. I

Rant

Steering wheel too, wow, thats crazy. But i agree with 410. can't blame Ford directly as it may have been a subcontracted part.The machine shop i work in makes parts for Boeing and General motors defense, but you won't find our name on any of em, so if it slipped past Quality control at one of...
  12. I

Weird Idling Issue

The vacuum tree is located on the drivers side of the manifold, when you inspect it you will see that one of the input lines is probably just sucking air as you already know it is leaking by the sound its making, but just make sure that it was a cap that blew off and not one of the lines. If it...
  13. I

Manual locking hubs - grease or no grease?

Yes, without the spanner it will be tough to preload the wheel bearings again. But basically once the hub is removed, take off the C clip, slide the spacer off the splines, remove calipers then remove the lock nuts and the rotor will slide off the spindle. When reassembling make sure the pin on...
  14. I

Grease fitting size?

Well, most grease nipples are provided with aftermarket parts, stock vehicle wasn't given the grease nipple option. What you can do is return to that parts store and ask them to check what kind of nipple is provided with the parts you want to change them on. Then buy them and you should have...
  15. I

Answer me this! Weird problem with window...

Yeah it could be wiring. Do you own a multimeter? If you do check the continuity of the wires. Also the voltage and operation of the switch. If you don't own one, maybe consider pickin one up, they are cheap and very handy.
  16. I

The axle falling back in towards the vehicle is normal if there is no more spacer left to hold it, so yea that is the reason for that, seems you lost 4x4 because the splined part of the axle pulled out of the hub. Well, just changing the spacers will give you your 4x4 back but its all a matter...
  17. I

When you say it fell into the spindle, what do you mean exactly? Can you pull it farther out away from the vehicle? Those spacers are there to keep the axle shaft from wandering around and keep the seal behind the spindle up tight so it keeps crap out of the spindle bearing and rest of the...
  18. I

The axle shaft spacer was destroyed because there is a bad component, i had the same problem, how are the U joints? The one on the side the spacer desintigrated may be bad, should check it out before it happens again.
  19. I

Skyjacker 6"

So what are you planning to do with the superlift if you buy the skyjacker stuff? The skyjacker springs are better than the superlift springs, i find that they ride alot softer than the superlift springs. The skyjacker axle drop brackets are apparently alot stronger too, unless you Mod the...
  20. I

Front wheel nut with pin problem: Doesn't match ford part!

Hit a scrap yard and see if you can find one there. I have gone alot this summer and see them everywhere, well except the ones that were running auto hubs ;).
  21. I

sway bar on or off

Hey man, Well running with quick disconnects is probably your best bet. I have been running without my swaybars and it is awesome off road, but it is probably better off havin them on while on the street. I made a set of quick disconnects that im gonna install soon, i will snap a pic tomorrow...
  22. I

Worst stuck pic thread

Stuck Mekcanix and I went wheeling today and i got stuck well ;). Tried to get out a couple time but sank fast, had to get a pull from Mekcanix and his BII. Was a great day to be wheelin!
  23. I

91 X getting a superlift 5.5 inch lift

Yeah i thought the same way, but turns out it does ride much better than stock. Those extended radius arms really make a huge improvement to the ride. What type of shocks are you using?
  24. I

Joe93's 91 build up( d44 & 9inch swap, roll cage and more)

Awesome Joe, looks like fun. Can't wait to see more of the build up. Subscribing.
  25. I

Infragate finally Elite

Thanks Joel, Yeah sounds good. The 33's are only 2 months old, so i will utilize them for a while yet, but maybe next year i will move up to 35's, we will see. But yeah, im all for hookin up. I wanna meet with John soon for coffee or somethin ( maybe some wheelin ), so i will let ya know. Dan
Back