Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

5.0 swap driveshafts...

I also used a Dakota digital unit. Something like sg5? That’s out of my head. Care to share your setting maybe mines just off. As for the pats I bought the little box from China. It let me delete all the keys and then reprogram my two new keys. And I did not have the original keys. Just...
  2. N

5.0 swap driveshafts...

It’s been a while since I finished y sport Trac. But I remember having lots of issues with the rear length. It was like $150 to go on eBay and order exactly what I need and I remember he told me what to measure and from what to what. Couple days later a nice drive shaft showed up to the house...
  3. N

5.0 swap driveshafts...

Front. I ordered a custom length Rear driveshaft.
  4. N

Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap?

So I went out and clipped pin 14 from the abs module. I spliced the truck said of that to the Dakota digital wire that was on my firewall connector don’t remember PIN number. Probably didn’t have to do that but now everything works. I have abs, cruise control works and no Po500 cel. I...
  5. N

I didn’t disconnect any wires when doing the Dakota just spliced them in. What wire am I looking for with the Pcm? Dakota went to gray black at the firewall connected under my engine bay fuse block. Then the other wire is up in the abs plug. This doesn’t mean that I didn’t disconnect...
  6. N

Didn’t last long. Lights back on with a po500 but the speedos working perfect. Any ideas?
  7. N

Scanner came in today. It was two po500 codes. I cleared them. Maybe just from me installing the Dakota? I’m driving it now and the lights still off
  8. N

Rear differential housing ABS sensor replacement

I believe there’s a metal bushing in the plastic. Check out your new one. Other option is to clip/grind/break off the old plastic sensor and then weld. But heat is your answer to getting it off. I don’t think the melted sensor is going to really hurt anything excepl maybe give you a sticky...
  9. N

I thought you are replacing it
  10. N

weld a nut to it. the heat from the weld will break it free and the nut gives you the means to remove it.
  11. N

01 Sport Trac Anti theft issue

this is the exact one that I use. I have used this to put a junk yard pats in my buddys explorer, we had no know keys. so this programmer works with no working keys. pretty neat just takes a long time. you get a timer for like 45 minutes every step. 45 minutes to read, 45 minutes to...
  12. N

01 Sport Trac Anti theft issue

when I did my 5.0 swap i had the same issue. I used the 5.0 ecu and swapped the GEM unit because I also added the digital hvac. The pats wasn't happy with ecu. and I didn't want to swap all the key cylinders. I went on ebay bought one of those china programmers. Popped it on my obdii port...
  13. N

I also have a check engine light still on. I just ordered another scanner as I can’t seem to find mine. CEL was not on prior to swapping the abs and the Dakota install So I may not be fully worked out or I may have some other issue
  14. N

I don’t really have many pics. But here’s some. Theees a one acre pond that me and wife have landed some pretty heathy bass out of. And I love my home made lawn mower. Made from all the tree stand found on the property lol. I had a mild heart attack back in July so I needed something to keep...
  15. N

1.62 seems to be the magic calibration. I need to find one of those speed trap radar signs. Cruise control quit but I don’t really care too much
  16. N

Got it. H-L. Sig on low and P-u to off. Output is on option 3. About to drive now and play with the buttons
  17. N

Well I wired in the Dakota. I got it set to the HL and tried 3.00 through 4.00. Nothing happens. I verified the two wires. One on the abs and one on the firewall. Everything is hoped up. I noticed the Dakota has a solid little dot but when I am moving it slowly flashes. So I assume it’s...
  18. N

I keep forgetting to check it. My Dakota digital comes Monday. So I’ll get that wired in and check the code then. Does the Dakota come with instructions or should I be looking for a specific sport Trac wiring setup. I’m on my phone mowing st my new Christmas tree farm so it’s hard to look...
  19. N

on my way to work today the check enging light popped on. Hopefully just something to do with the speedo not working. Everything seems to be running normal. Don't have my scanner on my to see what it is.
  20. N

I grabbed the whole pump assembly out of an 01 or 02 sport. Don’t remember but I think it was an 01. Just got home swapped the brain part onto my pump. I did the three wires and fired it. Was about to start screaming because the abs light came on. Then I realized I didn’t put the little plug...
  21. N

awesome well i'm headed to the junkyard after work to grab another ABS as i didn't save mine. If the ABS light clears than I will order up the SGI-5E and go that route. Then I just have to replace my leaky rear main seal (damn advance auto crap) and the trucks running perfect!
  22. N

awesome well i'm headed to the junkyard after work to grab another ABS as i didn't save mine. If the ABS light clears than I will order up the SGI-5E and go that route. Then I just have to replace my leaky rear main seal (damn advance auto crap) and the trucks running perfect!
  23. N

or did i miss read, and you put the trac abs in so the car was fine without the gsensor and used the dakota to get the speedo to work.
Back