Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Vibration Dampeners?

Bearings usually make a roar and may change with side loading in the case of wheel bearings. A howl is usually a poor tooth pattern in the rear end especially if it changes between pull and coast. Mine had not been shimmed with any ring gear carrier preload and the carrier was slopping around...
  2. F

How’s the pattern.

If these are to be under heavy load, you don't want the heavy straight line deep in the drive side. It could overload and chip the edge of the pinion teeth. Pull the pinion back .004 or .005 then recheck with all your slingers and preload shims installed. You can also spin the assembly as...
  3. F

Eye-diagnose this DANA 35 differential (pics)

Looks barely broke-in! From the second pictures, you have done more damage by getting dirt in it than if you had just ran it. The big thing is the pinion bearings,,, make sure you get them washed out well.
  4. F

5R55E / Fuel Injector Questions

Somewhere I have read about a spacer at the front of the valve body that the pump sucks through. The spacer cracks and lets the pump suck air until you rev it up. Even then it is probably aerating the fluid.
  5. F

Ac high side low pressure, but rebuilt ac system.

Don't waste time on the switch if the clutch appears to be engaged! As said before if the orifice tube was plugged the hi pressure would be very hi. You may have left the orifice out though!! Also check the key in the compressor shaft. It may have been left out especially if you bought an...
  6. F

running boards

If you frequently oil all the hinge pin in the running boards, they won't stick. If stuck, you may have to remove and standing on end to get oil to penetrate and free up.
  7. F

What a slow leaking radiator looks like

It should be noted electrolysis is the main problem with these radiators, eating pin holes though, and Ford doesn't have a fix. I have seen -4 volts between the coolant and the negative battery terminal. I have replaced the radiator 7 times in the same 06 Explorer. Changing the coolant yearly...
  8. F

2007 Ford Explorer Passenger Side CV axle Will Not Slide in

I would weld a nut to the end of the axle that your slide hammer would screw into and hammer away.
  9. F

Arrrrgggg Front hub stuck/frozen on 2010 4X4 v8

Kinda rough on the ball joints.....crack one and get a surprise later!
  10. F

Arrrrgggg Front hub stuck/frozen on 2010 4X4 v8

Take a cut off disk on a 4 1/2" angle grinder and cut a 1/2"+ deep slot perpendicular to the bolt holes, through the bolt holes, at the parting line, in the bearing housing only. Bearing housing is scrap anyway. This way you will have a slot to drive progressively thicker wedges into and force...
  11. F

50 year mechanic, machinist, truck puller, performance engine builder.

50 year mechanic, machinist, truck puller, performance engine builder.
Back