Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Why does my 6 run like a 4?

Actually I didn't find the problem. After I replaced the MAF (the NAPA guy had the same problem and the MAF fixed it) and it made no difference, I had to take it to my mechanic because this is my business truck. I told him about the wet #2 plug I found. First he tested fuel pressure with good...
  2. J

It turns out that the problem was an inoperative #2 fuel injector. It runs smooth as glass after replacement. Thanks MrShorty for the help.
  3. J

I have been under this truck 100 times, but untill I looked today, I just assumed I only had 1 O2 sensor. I also figured that the code 513 was just a fluke. Before and after replacing the plugs I did pull each of the plug wires one at a time, but they all seemed to have the same effect (lower...
  4. J

MRSHORTY thanks for the reply! This afternoon I did clear the CM157. I pulled the battery neg and pulled the MAF out of its housing to get a better cleaning angle. When I re-ran the codes I got KOEO 111, CM 513?, KOER 111. On the second run the CM changed to 111. I also checked the right and...
  5. J

A couple of months ago my 93 EB 2dr auto (186K) started to stumble when coming off idle. Fixed this same problem 2 years ago by cleaning MAF and throttle butterfly. Before I got around to cleaning both again, the engine began to shake at idle (tach steady at 750) and really shake at part...
  6. J

rear driveshaft disconnected; front drive

I have pulled my 4x4 93 2dr, EB four wheels down behind moter homes for over 100K miles. Right after I bought it I had a Remco rear axle disconnect installed. The remco disconnect handle is right under the driver seat. Many times I have used the "auto" button to engage the front drive only to...
  7. J

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Window fix I found out about the gear kit from the Ford dealer. Advance Auto had it for $29.99. Had trouble getting the old motor out until I checked out a few Forum Posts and was reminded of the "Dimple." Knowledge is indeed power! Thanks for the help.
  8. J

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Window fix I found out about the gear kit from the Ford dealer. Advance Auto had it for $29.99. Had trouble getting the old motor out until I checked out a few Forum Posts and was reminded of the "Dimple." Knowledge is indeed power! Thanks for the help.
  9. J

No LT installation at Costco

LT vs P Dolphan I just got my five P235/75x15 ATXs (30K miles) replaced with Bridgestone Dueler LT235/75x15s by Firestone and the improvement in my 93 EB 4X4 2dr automatic is remarkable! More noise and stiffer ride (hey it's a truck!) but much less body lean, higher rated payload (I pull a...
  10. J

Firestone: Anybody get reimbursed yet?

Kilroy What have you heard bad about the Bridgestone Dueler ATs? Firestone just put five on my 93 EB 2 door and they are a noticable improvement over the ATXs (2nd set after 80,000 on OE ATXs). They do produce more road noise, but the tread appears to be better for beach travel (Outerbanks...
Back