Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Steering wheel buttons

A couple of my steering wheel buttons are starting to "rub away" and I'd like to replace them if it is easy enough. I like doing what I can without taking it in to dealer. Is this something that's not too difficult? Is it on of those things that in order to replace one little thing it consists...
  2. B

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

I do get the occasional jerky shift. Sometime hard. I mean that thing drops!
  3. B

Auto stop stopped stopping

I dont have that screen. Only way I know it is activated/deactivated, is by me pushing the button on center console and it flashes on screen for a second and a little A near mileage. This is the type of screen I have.
  4. B

Sunroof/Moonroof Noise

I've noticed for couple months now that there is a 'binding' noise coming from the sunroof/moonroof. It's like a binding noise and I think it is coming from the center crossbeam. When I apply pressure to it, the noise stops. Applying pressure to glass does nothing to solve the issue. The noise...
  5. B

Auto stop stopped stopping

I don mind the feature. Ive turned it off a few times but I usually don't mind it. But about a month ago it stopped working. I have no battery issues that I know of. But the feature should work but I realize I'm driving a computer, so...
  6. B

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

I've had my 2020 for about 8 months now and Ive had dealer look at it twice for transmission issues. Issues they say are not there. Ive got the 'Limited' and a lot of times its as if the transmission is in the wrong gear at low speeds. If I'm driving in the city and speed limit lowers, I let off...
  7. B

Oil Pressure Gauge

So last week, wife tells me oil pressure gauge drops on freeway and that check gauge light comes on. I did the cheapest solution first and that was I replaced the oil pressure switch (Duralast Oil Pressure Switch PS407). The issue still remains. The truck is running fine. No leaks. No funky...
  8. B

Timing Chain Tensioners - Purchasing

OK, quick torque question.... I cant get int there with anything but my TQ wrench with a 2ft extension. I got it to torque at 32 lb/ft but will it be accurate with that long extension? It's all I have to work with.
  9. B

Identical. I went with Cloyes
  10. B

No gaskets at all. Double checked. Checked on block and tensioner.
  11. B

I'm replacing the tensioners right now. Ive ran into an issue though. The new ones have thin metal washers but the ones I just took out do not have washers. To use washers or no? What are the torque specs on either?
  12. B

Blend door or vacuum line?

Interesting. Wa This just happened to me today. Glad I found this thread. Already had a solution, but wanted to see what everyone came up with. I think I like the 'drill small hole and thin wire' approach. Does anyone know if removing the radio gives more access to all this?
  13. B

So getting that dreaded rattle on idle (goes away after driving about 50yds) and with all I am reading, it's the tensioners. So I'd like to replace before things get bad. About 125k give or take so probably about time. My question is, without having to spend too much, where should I buy these...
  14. B

Urgent! Coolant leak

Well, replaced thermostat housing. Took me forever simply because of those stupid pinch clamps. I just hope all is well now. Guess a few days will find out. Still smelling burnt coolant but figure it's the stuff sitting on the block that pooled that still needs to burn off. Still makes me...
  15. B

Urgent! Coolant leak

Spoke too soon. It's the housing where that hose connects (heater) all cracked. This is going to be a fun day.....
  16. B

Urgent! Coolant leak

Yeah, been researching while waiting for replies and I was going to say thermostat housing. But I think I just got lucky. Went out to look at it some more and I was messing with the smaller hose that connects to the heater core, and while moving it around it started hissing, like pressure and...
  17. B

Urgent! Coolant leak

Just minutes ago I came home from work and after shutting truck off, I see steam coming from hood. I open and see steam coming from center of engine. PLEASE tell me this isn't a head gasket. I heard a bubbling sound but couldn't exactly pinpoint the exact area. I could only guess and took...
  18. B

Single 'chirp' when braking

Tonight I just noticed a single 'chirp' when applying the brakes. Every time I push the brakes just a little bit I get it. It sounds like it is coming only from Front/Left wheel. It's not a long squeak but a short burst 'chirp'. I mostly heard it when I was going through parking lot and...
  19. B

Starting issue to rough idle

Last night I had to drive one of my kids friends home. I went to start the truck but it didnt want to. It was cranking as if I was getting no gas. I stepped on the peddle couple times but not helping. I tried starting a few times before it finally did but the idle was rough and stepping on...
  20. B

Instrument Cluster Going Crazy

Sorry, got a nasty head cold with bad sinus congestion and pressure ... uuugggg! Anyway. Could this be it? I took this reading about a month ago because of my ABS light but it also gave me this code but didnt look into it. I can run FORScan again but I'm pretty sure this issue was happening...
  21. B

Instrument Cluster Going Crazy

So the past few weeks my instrument cluster has been going crazy. Today I metered my battery and fuses (panel inside) all check out. Is my cluster panel going bad? Perhaps another fuse or relay under the hood I need to check? What you see in video happens every time I start the truck. It...
  22. B

Low RPM

They were cleared last week (by mistake) and soon as ABS light came on is when I tested again so those are fresh.
  23. B

Update On Applique Class Action

I too have this issue and just about every Explorer I see has cracks. A question to follow the above question. What if you are not the original purchaser of the vehicle. I have never had to deal with any type of class action lawsuit.
  24. B

ABS light (first time)

Bumping this since I added it to another thread that was a different topic. I'm no pro but after reading around, it seems like some reprogramming is in order? I got these scan results today using my laptop and FORScan
  25. B

Low RPM

OK so I just used FORScan on my laptop and did a live test. RPM was between 650 and 700 at idle so I guess the gauge is visually off. As for that ABS deal. I know. Light has been coming on and I can hear it a little but I am not really getting the info I need from FORScan to know exactly...
Back