Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel Spit-back - TSB 22-2176 Superceded by TSB 22-2433

The problem I had (and I think the problem Rickshaw described) is not that it shuts off too soon. It doesn't shut off at all and gasoline spurts out on the ground, your pants, and your shoes. Blwnsmoke seems to have a great temporary solution.
  2. D

Fuel Spit-back - TSB 22-2176 Superceded by TSB 22-2433

Years ago I had a Chrysler Aspen. Don't normally buy Chrysler products but loved the performance of the 5.7 Hemi, so I got an extended warranty. At about 40K miles the problem described here started happening. Took it to the dealer and got the run around...can't do anything about it, not...
  3. D

Explorer hood vibrates

The hood vibration problem completely went away several months ago on my 2013 Explorer Sport after placing another piece of foam under the rear (windshield) end of the hood. I used split cylindrical foam that is intended for pipe freeze protection.
  4. D

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

After an oil change the lower intake duct was loose on my 2013 Explorer Sport. Tried to tighten the thumb screws but couldn't. Took it back to Jiffy Lube (I know, never again) and was told that was just the way it was. Finally took it to my local dealer and had next oil change done there and...
  5. D

Explorer hood vibrates

Not sure that I agree about the cowl being the source of the noise, but if it is, what is the fix for it? In our case, there was a perceptible vibration visible at the end of the hood just forward of the cowl. Pressing in a piece of split pipe insulation over the existing gasket seems to have...
  6. D

Explorer hood vibrates

Sounds like similar symptoms, but our problem seems to have completely stopped by adding more depth to the gasket at the windshield end of the hood. Just made the 200+ mile drive to Dallas over Thanksgiving and no problem noted, despite a head wind and 80 mph on I45.
  7. D

Explorer hood vibrates

Our Ford Explorer Sport is a 2013 with only 7,000 miles, so if you have another solution, let us know. Thanks so much Crystal
  8. D

Air intake on undercarriage?

Thank you for the info. I'm going to see if the oil change place can tighten the screws. It's tough to get under there without a lift. My original dealer is quite a journey from where I live. It's still under warranty, so maybe I'll go to the local dealer who was not very helpful during my...
  9. D

Explorer hood vibrates

My wife and I experienced the same problem. At 75mph (that's the rural interstate speed limit in TX) we noticed the same noise, and it was very annoying. We, too, thought it was the windshield wipers and took it back to the dealer. They said it was fan noise and normal. Driving home from the...
  10. D

Air intake on undercarriage?

Just noticed this air intake part was loose on my 2013 Explorer Sport. Recently had an oil change at a Jiffy Lube type place. (These same guys told me that if I didn't use a synthetic blend oil that Ford would void my warranty, which I'm sure is BS.) I suspect they failed to tighten it...
Back