Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

What would you do?

Question re: 2005 model I looked at a '91 Mountaineer today, owned by a sweet old man since new, but brought down from up north and rust rust rust... so back to square one. Found an Explorer, but it's a 2005 (decided to up the $$$ to get something in decent shape). I've read that the...
  2. T

What would you do?

I prefer 4WD or AWD as we get some flooding here during rainy season, and I make trips up north (Pa.), so it can come in handy. My BF is cheering for a 2005 Caravan... it too needs some stuff (sounds like bushing or ball joint going & power rear door lock doesn't work, otherwise great shape...
  3. T

What would you do?

Rust question and pointers Found a seemingly nice 2001 Mountaineer with only 89,000 original miles, FSBO, original owner (senior) from up north. Truck is AWD, V8, reg. oil changes and maintenance per owner. Interior is clean with only one minor split on driver's seat (leather), which is...
  4. T

What would you do?

Yep... you are right. We attached the Scan Gauge and it brought up codes even though the check engine light was not on. Seems to be indicating a possible catalytic converter issue..... ich.... so, re-assessing. This may be more than we thought, though can still be used for students to...
  5. T

What would you do?

Yep, that truck in GA looks nice... but now I am jaded re: CL ads. Went up and looked at another one today. Owner said it was great shape, 1997 XLT 4WD, no rust, runs nice, etc. Drove about 45 min. to get there and looked it over carefully (we are VERY thorough). Rust... yep. NO oil at all...
  6. T

What would you do?

Thanks for your response. Turned out that the car lot lied (so what else is new) & the V8 was Snowbelt and after crawling under car, was very rusty. Under doors and cladding, chunks of rust falling out! Drove it & engine made loud rapping sound on acceleration. For $2k, said no. We've...
  7. T

What would you do?

Have an interesting situation and would like some feedback. I am NEW to the Explorer, having had a 2004 Jeep Liberty and Wrangler (loved the Lib, very disappointed in the Wrangler) and Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute SUVs. (Also had a 1989 Bronco II back in the days!). I need a mid-size SUV to...
Back