Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Trying to locate a part number or name for a specific door seal

More specifically, the narrow seal with the thin flap where the driver side front door and rear door meet. The flap is torn and dangling outside when the door is closed. I either don't know how to word my search or don't recognize it in the results that come up. It's a 2013.
  2. P

Need some 2013 lug nuts

Thanks for the reply. We bought it used a couple years ago. Last week I had to drive around from shop to shop for three hours to find someone who had a fitting to take them off. I had been at a shop to get tires installed and they didn't have a tool for it and we turned the vehicle upside down...
  3. P

Need some 2013 lug nuts

Had my locking lug nuts removed in an emergency and I don't want them back on there. I have some on there now that don't match. does anyone know where I can get 4 that match my others? they're for the standard 2013 XLT 18" wheel. it's a long style with a rounded tip. Any help is much...
  4. P

windshield washer motor dead?

Ugh..really hoping the $10 relay comes through for me.
  5. P

Crap. I hope not. Ours is out of bumper to bumper.
  6. P

Ok, being the genius I am, I remembered the manual has the fuse diagram. And I also realized u was backward on my description. That relay (position 44. confirmed) clicks when trying to operate the rear washer. Fuse 4 is for the wipers/front washer, and it's good.
  7. P

2013 XLT The front/rear washer motor isn't running. There's a click coming from the fuse or relay (not familiar with it) I circled. When I try to run the rear washer function (I presume they the same motor?), there's a different click coming from somewhere closer to the firewall, although I...
  8. P

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I'll let you know in a few days. Thanks.
  9. P

I think I found one. http://www.carid.com/aries-automotive/3d-black-cargo-liner-mpn-fr0361309.html
  10. P

looking for a rear cargo mat I'm looking for a cargo mat for a 2013. I need something that can fold up when we flip up the third row, and it would be good if the surface isn't too tacky so things will slide in and out easily. Anyone using something like this?
  11. P

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Oh if yours is an 06 you may want to ignore my post..lol
  12. P

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I had to poke around a bit but it finally came out. This may be a dumb question, but did you unhook the seat cover at the bottom?
  13. P

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Wife and I are 36 and 35, respectively. It's her vehicle, but I do all the research and such..lol. Her previous ride was an Acadia, which was great, but we couldn't trust it anymore and didn't want to risk a newer one either. Too many little issues with those. My parents have had 3 explorers...
  14. P

Snow Driving

I'd rather not be that far in the hole from day 1.
  15. P

Snow Driving

See above... We bought it used and it was a good price, 4WD or no 4WD.
  16. P

Snow Driving

I am fairly irritated right now. Our purchase (bought used about 6 weeks ago) experience was frustrating enough (dealer advertising error and unkept promise and a 3 hour drive) without now realizing we were apparently lied to or mislead. I could swear it said 4WD on the back, but I went out and...
  17. P

Snow Driving

Mines 4wd but no TMS knobs or doodads that I can see. :)
  18. P

Decent replacement headlight bulbs

here's a dumb question. does my 2013 have separate high and low beam bulbs? The bulbs I bought aren't marked either way.
  19. P

Snow Driving

does my 2013 xlt have those settings? i thought it was just auto 4WD without me touching a thing.
  20. P

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not interested in messing with an upgrade. My wife hates for me to touch her vehicles. She can see me have mine in 100 pieces and put it back together successfully but still doesn't trust me..LOL. This will be minimally invasive to keep her happy. :) I ordered...
  21. P

$50 including bulbs? And will they last very long?
  22. P

2013 XLT I've searched and searched and there's too much info here for me to decipher. All I want is a decent set of bulbs to replace these crappy factory ones. They're waaaaay too dim. I just want something brighter. I don't need any fancy colors or wattages. Just something that is an...
  23. P

Is this normal?

it just seems to do it at points where most cars wouldnt do it. it's a little early and my wife thinks i'm trying to drag race or something..lol
Back