Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Ford explorer 2002 4.6 v8 timing chain problem

After further inspection found out the engine lost compression. If the chain broke while the car was on, just junk it.
  2. M

I'm hoping nothing more happened then the damage I see. I have the parts to replace all the timing pieces, I'm just waiting on the special cam holder. To start working on it .
  3. M

After you had it fix though, the car was running well again?
  4. M

So basically had chain slap for a week or so. Was told that it was a timing chain guide or tensioner that was most likely the cause of the problem. Was told that it was cost around 1400.00 or so to repair. Well I didn't have that kind of cash, so I decided I would take it upon myself to try and...
  5. M

Gear Shift Broke Off in Hands!!!

Kotico Good luck with the repair. Dealers are snake and they know there's a replacement part yet they try to fool you into buying something that isn't even needed.
  6. M

Nope if it's fits then go for it.
  7. M

You might need to buy a wider disc, I ended up buying 1/2" disc which did the trick
  8. M

GoldMax99, Becareful with method 1 not to cut into the o-ring that holds the broken piece if you damage the o-ring grooves inside the new piece won't go in. So if you have a steady hand and your confident in yourself go for it. If not go with method 2 which I believe is an easier way of getting...
  9. M

jpoprock, Believe me I thought of the same thing and I tried taking it off manually than with my power drill, just to almost mess things up even more because the power drill spun instead of the bolt. I had an old and not that powerful one, so a more newer powerful one might do the trick and...
  10. M

Interior lights stay on

Well I was able to fix the broken wire and everything seems to be working great
  11. M

Interior lights stay on

Well guys back and working on the door. I was able to find a broken black wire between the door and car...guessing that's the problem like everyone else said going to splice the lines back together now and see if it fixes the problem.
  12. M

Well guys after a couple of beers and finishing watch the football game, I finally started to go back to working on the car. Once I put the piece back in I noticed that even though I tried my best to bend the metal strip back in place, the new piece wasn't pushing it enough to click it. I...
  13. M

Sorry guys I didn't yesterday was tired after working on the car. Anyways here's where I'm at. I used the dremel tool cut the broken piece off. I pushed the piece back in order to cut it in the middle After taking some time to cut through it you be able to remove two cylinder rings...
  14. M

Well good morning people. In class now but this morning I already started to at least remove the covers that are on the steering column. Here's some pictures from what I've done so far. In order to remove it I popped the top part off which is just clipped on. On the bottom section there is 2...
  15. M

I read from previous post that it allows you to shift gears. I'll Google what you said. Anyways tomorrow is the moment of truth, when I try to fix the problem.
  16. M

colnorm Just by chance do you know where I can order one. I looked online but I don't even know what's the name or ref. # for that piece. I might assume they don't sell that part. Anyways let me clarify about the switch, what I mean cracked, the tiny pocket which you would insert the metal...
  17. M

Colnorm Yeah I tried bending back in place and going to try and put back and see if it will work. I notice it cracked in the back of the switch were the metal strip goes. So I'm going to try and figure out away to do it. If not off to the junk yard and get a switch and splice the line together.
  18. M

reply to colnorm Ugh I just checked it and the metal piece is off the upper switch I found it inside the column. Going to try and straighten it out and somehow put back in place. I don't know if it possible but if anything I'll have to buy a new upper switch I suppose. Here's some clearer...
  19. M

Reply colnorm.... Thanks for the pictures... I'm going to post the pictures together to see if I can see a difference. His.... Mine....
  20. M

Interior lights stay on

Hey guys, just started having this problem as well. On a side note I just broke my shifting gear lever on my explorer as well this past Monday and my 6 CD radio won't let me eject my CDs out. What bad luck I've had this week with my car. Anyways I notice this with my car, I don't have the door...
  21. M

reply to colnorm... Before I bend anything I'm going to see if my key engages and disengages, before I even touch the metal strip. If it's able to go in and out easy, would that imply that it's ok?
  22. M

Reply to colnorm... Thanks for help, I'm going to need it when I try to uninstall and reinstall the new piece. The picture was taken before I even started to mess around with it, with no luck getting the key out. So I'm guessing it was bent before or that's just how it came. Anyways like I...
  23. M

Broke my shift gear lever as well.... Hey guys new to this forum, and used it a couple of times to fix problems with my Explorer from time to time, finally decided to join and contribute as well since I've gain so much experience from here. Anyways this past Monday morning well I was getting...
Back