Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Recently bought a low mileage 2005 Ranger FX4 Off-Road. Synthetic oil and adding a trans pan...

Recently bought a low mileage 2005 Ranger FX4 Off-Road. Synthetic oil and adding a trans pan with a drain is only the beginning.
  2. G

Helpful soul who researches used vehicles for ungrateful friends

Helpful soul who researches used vehicles for ungrateful friends
  3. G

Niece wants a 4WD

Great responses all. I no particular order.... 1) Trailblazer is something my friend owned. I worked on it some. I wasn't impressed with its quality. I'd steer clear without ceremony. Thanks for mentioning it. 2) Info re the 4.6 V8 with its superior trans - and other stuff - is what I'm...
  4. G

Niece wants a 4WD

Hello, I know this type of question from Volvo and Saab forums and know how angering they can be. It seems like the poster has done NO WORK researching the subject. Since my niece is looking for her first car in Denver, Colo. she wants 4WD capabilities. I mentioned Explorers for their...
  5. G

Check Fuel Cap Light

Suggestion Hello, As Number4 said, do as complete a visual check as you can. A smoke test is next. I don't know about these Fords as I'm a helper-outer with my friend's '97 F-150 and his son's '04 Explorer but on many GM cars I've seen there's a tagged fitting under the hood for a smoke...
  6. G

What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

Hello, +1 on Tyler's good looks. Keep it up! I helped my friend's son do a pan and filter drop on Saturday. 4.5 quarts of Mercon V at ambient temperature. Bled off excess ON LEVEL GROUND after warm-up the following day. Only 5-6 ounces dripped out. What a needless annoyance those...
Back