Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rhino liner

Has anyone ever rhino lined there front and back bumpers and the trim/side steps on their explorer/mountaineer? If so, howd it work out/look? Thanks
  2. R

Brush Guard

Will an 01 Ranger brush guard fit on a 2000 Mountaineer? Thanks.
  3. R

Neem some explaining lol

Okay, ill check the door sticker. So if it says d4 is has limited slip in the rear? And thanks very much.
  4. R

Neem some explaining lol

Can someone explain "full time" awd in the 2000 5.0 Mountaineer? And do they have a limited slip? Also how good is the awd off road? I'm worried my mountaineer wont be good off road being awd. I'm not wanting to do any serious off roading just dirt/mud trails, some hills and maybe an occasional...
  5. R

JET chip

What exactly does this do? Anyone try it, if so what were the results? Thanks
  6. R

Suspension

How much lift does the stock air ride give you on explorer/mountaineers when you raise it?
  7. R

Mr. Truckles- 97 Mountaineer NJ

4x4 or AWD?
  8. R

Air Ride System

O/P's?
  9. R

Mountaineer 5.0

Lol I must be looking in the wrong spot ha
  10. R

Air Ride System

When I get a better chance to look at it, ill look again. And where do I move the ride height sensors too?
  11. R

Mountaineer 5.0

I'm not seeing the dyno sheet anywhere man :/
  12. R

Mountaineer 5.0

Nice explorer man! What's your hp/tq right now?
  13. R

Mountaineer 5.0

Has anyone tried building the 5.0 in explorers/mountaineers? If so what mods and what hp/torque gains have you gotten?
  14. R

Air Ride System

Everywhere I read online says I should be able to adjust the system via two buttons. One to raise it, and one too lower it, but I don't have these buttons anywhere in my vehicle. Unless there hidden? And I found a conversion kit to regular suspension for about $350. Has anyone tried this?
  15. R

Air Ride System

So I checked the compartment where my jack goes and found an air hose looking thing, with a black shock looking thing but no disable switch. So I def have the air ride system, now if I find the disable switch, then will I be able to use a shackle lift? Or should I just pay the $560 to get it...
  16. R

Air Ride System

Okay thanks. I'll check that when I get off. And hopefully I don't have the air ride system so I can do the tortion twist and shackles. Then again a nice 3inch body lift would be nice.
  17. R

Air Ride System

So I have to remove the spare tire to determine if I have the air ride system?
  18. R

Air Ride System

Thank you very much.
  19. R

Air Ride System

I have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 AWD, and was told by a local 4x4 store that my car has a air ride system? Is this true? He also said that because of the air ride system it isn't smart to go with a shackle lift kit? Is this statement true? He stated that the best and safest thing to do is...
  20. R

Anyone have pics of 2 inch lifted explorer with 31 inch tires?

Is this with 2inch body lift or torsion twist?
Back