Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Won't Start - Shaking Fixes It

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer 4x4. Sometimes, maybe once a week, it will not start. I put the key in and nothing happens when I turn it engine wise. Doesn't even try to start, nada. However, all electrical systems work. Power locks, radio, lights, etc. To fix it I have to rock the Explorer...
  2. K

How much to rebuild transmission?

I have a 96 4x4. The torque converter dumped it's bearings into the tranny and the parts instead got toasted. Roughly how much should I expect to pay for a tranmission shop to do a complete overhaul?
  3. K

Replacing the EPC solenoid

How easy/hard is it to install an EPC solenoid on a 1996 4x4. Does it involve dropping the tranny or removing the exhaust at all? ---------------
  4. K

Shifting Problems - Explorer down

Just checked the fluid and it's black. Is black fluid a sign of a specific problem or just old oil?
  5. K

The first time the OD light did keep blinking. What does that mean?
  6. K

Shifting Problems

Driving home today the Explorer, 1996 4x4 automatic, would not shift out of first. I would hit the gas, engine would rev up really high but not shift. If I slowly pressed on the gas then it would shift some of the time, into 2nd and 3rd. I pulled into a parking lot and the X went out of gear...
  7. K

Driving home today the Explorer, 1996 4x4 automatic, would not shift out of first. I would hit the gas, engine would rev up really high but not shift. If I slowly pressed on the gas then it would shift some of the time, into 2nd and 3rd. I pulled into a parking lot and the X went out of gear...
  8. K

Tail lights out, need help fast before I can drive

It was indeed the light switch. Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!!
  9. K

Headlights and Dash Lights Don't Work

Where is the head lamp switch exactly?
  10. K

Brake Lights not working.

Where is the BOO switch exactly? Is it under the dash near the pedals or in the engine compartment?
  11. K

No tail lights, no cluster lights, no bell when the headlights are still on when the truck is off.
  12. K

Replaced the bulbs, still don't work. Checked all fuses on the left hand side of the dash and under the hood, they are all fine. I only have a few days left to fix the problem before I get fined a lot of $$$.
  13. K

Brake lights yes, turn signals yes, 1996.
  14. K

I got pulled over because both my tail lights where out. What fuse should I check for those? If that is fine and the bulbs are fine, which I suspect they are, what could be other causes they are not working? My dash lights are out as well as the bell that dings when your lights are on. Are...
  15. K

What is wrong with my taillights?

BTT anyone?
  16. K

What is wrong with my taillights?

I got pulled over because both my tail lights where out. What fuse should I check for those? If that is fine and the bulbs are fine, which I suspect they are, what could be other causes they are not working? My dash lights are out as well as the bell that dings when your lights are on. Are...
  17. K

Gauge lights and light alarm not working

The light that illuminates my gauges does not work. The Check Engine, Check Gauge, lights still work but the tach, speedo, gas, oil, battery all those gauges do not light up anymore. Any symptom to the problem is when I have my lights on and turn the car off and take my keys out the alarm...
  18. K

Which fuse do I need??

Anyone? Is there a write up on replacing the dimmer module?
  19. K

Which fuse do I need??

I cannot toogle the illumination using the switch that turns on the interior lights. The gauges I listed will not light up at all. They are completely dark no matter how I toogle that switch. The Check gauge, check engine, etc. are all lite up however no light what so ever is being displayed...
  20. K

Which fuse do I need??

It's not all the dash lights though just the speedo, gas, battery, tach, and oil. Check engine, security, check gauge, turn signals all those lights work. That sound like the dimmer module? Is replacing the dimmer module much work? How much does one run?
  21. K

Which fuse do I need??

Just checked those fuses and they are good.
  22. K

Which fuse do I need??

The cluster isn't illuminated ... Could it be something else like the lights burnt out or is the probably the fuse .. I will recheck the fuses you listed.
  23. K

Which fuse do I need??

My speedo, gas gauge, temp gauge, pretty much all gauges are all out. They will not light up. The air bag, Check Engine, etc. however work. Which fuse do I need to replace to get these working again? I checked all my fuses and they seem to look fine but who knows. This is a 96 4x4 Explorer.
  24. K

Dash Light Out

My dash light went out. It didn't effect my Check Gauge or Check Engine light just the speedometer, RPM, gas, etc. Could it be the bulb or probably the fuse?
  25. K

Loud whine & Loud Suck

The belt! I bet that is it, never replaced it and had the Ex 5 years now. Can't believe I didn't realize that!
Back