Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

That’s a great question for Ford but my guess is you will get the “wearable part” answer. I use platinum brakes from AA, nothing crazy.
  2. K

2012 3.5L Spark Plug Change... Anyone Change Their Plugs ?

Hi Y’all! I just changed the plugs for the first time on my 2012 Explorer 3.5 with 156,000...On a recent road trip I had a engine shudder when I got on the throttle and a few times the CEL flashed. So when I got home I threw 6 Ford plugs in. Took about 1.5 hours going slow and BSing with my...
  3. K

Alternator replacement / removal

Hey All, Replaced the alternator in my 2012 Explorer 146,000 miles with a reman aftermarket. I was a little skeptical because I put an aftermarket in my 04 Expedition and it didn't take it. Well long story short....it is a bit of a process but the new one is in and is working fine. Remove...
  4. K

Rear wheel hub assembly

Hey all, Just wanted to post that I replaced my passenger front and drivers rear hub yesterday for under $200!!!! Did it myself....I’m not gonna lie the old hubs were a bear to get off but stick with it and they will come. All the videos are accurate you just need to keep whacking at it...
  5. K

Replaced my drivers side rear caliper a few months ago. 1 1/2 years ago i did my passenger side on my 2012 Explorer. Just put in a new washer fluid pump. 90K miles on it now! I wonder whats gonna happen next
  6. K

Hey guys.....I had pretty much the same problem that you are all having!!! Right rear pads burning hot ultimately killing the shoes and rotor....after trying the clean up video routine the problem came back fairly quick(1000 miles or so) so I changed out the caliper for $100 and the problem is...
  7. K

Hey everyone! I had the same problem on the right rear of my 2012 Explorer with 30 something thousand miles. I put new pads and a rotor on and cleaned the slides a couple time and the problem got better but would still happen intermittingly. I had enough, so I replaced the whole caliper today!
  8. K

2012 Explorer Emergency Brake removal

Ok....I put the new caliper on this morning...to remove the e brake I used a screwdriver to push the spring back to fully compressed at the same time I needed to squeeze 3 prongs that encircle the cable and prevent the cable liner to pull back and it came right off.....I hope this fixes Fords...
  9. K

Thanks for the warm welcome Peter!.....you are correct...Im pushing about 48K miles on my explorer and I bought it in April of 2012....the brake problem started about 8 to 10 thousand miles ago and I have been able to put a bandaid on it!
  10. K

Hi gang...Like many others my right rear brakes have been hanging up for some crazy reason! I have pulled the caliper twice and cleaned out any rust and replaced the rotors and pads. The dragging brakes have gotten a lot better but still happens. I got a whole new loaded caliper to hopefully...
Back