Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

New AC system not that cold

Hey everyone. I have a 1992 explorer that i just installed everything new AC related besides the Evap core set up for 134a. Cant get it to blow below 60 degrees with it being 80 outside. Used all parts new parts for a 1992 model year including the orifice tube and a retro fitting 134 kit. I...
  2. R

94 OHV swap into 92. No spark.

i personally swapped a 94 motor in place of my stock 92 motor. i removed the egr and plug welded the hole in the exhaust manifold. then swapped the injectors from my 92 motor into the 94 due to the different color. i used the 92 upper intake also. as for the cam sync in the 94 i just left it...
  3. R

92 beater 4x4

winch all done. went for a drive the other day and noticed a strong gas smell. gas was pouring from the tank, shut it off and nothing.... decided to cut a hole in the floor to take a peek. fuel pump lines had pinholes from rust. (forgot to take a pic) new pump, fuel gauge now works! and...
  4. R

92 beater 4x4

so finally go to do some work on the explorer. started my front winch mount. plan was to keep it as low profile and close to the radiator core as i could get it. so got a winch plate from bud built and a 3ft piece of .25'' L channel. welded the plate right to the steel and bolted it to the...
  5. R

92 beater 4x4

well bit the bullet and drove the explorer to the outer banks North Carolina. it was about a 600 mile round trip from me. was nervous the whole time, but you need 4 wheel drive where we stay. it did great on the road down, and did great on the beach. held tight all the way to 75mph did manage...
  6. R

92 beater 4x4

nothing really to say about the explorer, just been driving it and enjoying it. i did pick up a tow rig. its a 95 crew cab F-350. 7.3 with a stick. 200k miles but absolutely no rust! picked it up for $6400. needs some TLC like a new master cylinder, brakes, and other small stuff. paint is...
  7. R

92 beater 4x4

Nope there bias tsl's
  8. R

92 beater 4x4

work great man, they sling it. maybe little too good, they dig deep lol
  9. R

92 beater 4x4

so been driving the expo for a few days now. all seems good. had to put a bigger bolt in the track bar but no problems other than that. also got it stuck yesterday. my speedo works now too so thats a plus
  10. R

92 beater 4x4

finished! banged out the 4:88 gears yesterday, then my steering showed up today from parts mike. had to drill out the knuckles and stuff, but all done. angles look great! sun was pounding backlash in spec first time moving by its own power in over a month! bump angles look damn...
  11. R

92 beater 4x4

found out who make it man. heres the link: https://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-inch-Curved-Light-288W/dp/B00SW8TH9W its a 50'' curved. cheapy one for sure, but its great light output and durable. plowed thru many tree limbs and its still there. when i got it i took it apart and siliconed the end...
  12. R

91-94 superlift 5.5 lift

lowered price to $220. shocks are still available from super lift new
  13. R

91-94 superlift 5.5 lift

yes, but without the shocks
  14. R

92 beater 4x4

yes, more options for 5x4.5 rims. running just a spacer in the back to match the front so i can still rotate tires going to get the skyjacker brakelines?
  15. R

92 beater 4x4

update time. just finished the tranny cross member tonight. used a peice of scrap 1 3/4'' roll bar tubing with a peice of c channel. yes it is welded to the radius arm brackets which are welded to the frame lol. if the tranny needs out, ill just cut the tubing out. ordered my steering thru...
  16. R

92 beater 4x4

thanks! and I'm running skyjacker 8'' lift stainless steal hoses. there for a 92 ranger and they worked prefectly on the bronco caliper, no shaving needed. Summits part number is SJA-FBL38. little expensive, but great quality not sure if your gonna like how i mounted the light bar, but i...
  17. R

92 beater 4x4

so scratch the ttb steering from working. little more mocking up showed it'd hit my tack bar in the up travel. guess I'm gonna get my steering from parts mike. then just waiting on a getting a measurement for shocks, and working on a tranny crossmember tomorrow. also have to shorten my front...
  18. R

92 beater 4x4

didn't make any progress, but got my tires mounted so i sat it on them to get a look gonna need some trimming hoping to make good progress this weekend
  19. R

92 beater 4x4

update on my sas. still have lots to to, but have made some good progress. parts: -bronco graveyard 5.5 bronco coils -BDS fullsize f-150/bronco radius arm drop brackets (about 7'') -stock to 2'' lift c wedge bushings -bronco graveyard EB track bar drop bracket -stock coil buckets -stock radius...
  20. R

92 beater 4x4

yes very please. door pulls are 1/8 stainless. could of spent more time cosmetically with them, but just need them to work!
  21. R

91-94 superlift 5.5 lift

kit has not been painted. the original paint is coming off. sounds good man, just let me know
  22. R

92 beater 4x4

finished up the interior for the manual window swap. bought these off of brian1, thank you! they were tan, but i dyed them with dupli-color grey and the match about perfect. update on the SAS soon, still collecting parts and working as i go
  23. R

91-94 superlift 5.5 lift

here is a pic of my explorer right after i installed the lift and i still have the instructions to go along with it
  24. R

WTB 91-94 manual door panels

no longer in need
Back