Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

AC Clutch won't engage on new compressor

The idler bearing seized on the wife's ride and took the whole compressor with it. I replaced the compressor and recharged the system but can't get the clutch to engage. The fuse is good, the relay is good. I'm getting ground at the plug but no power. I'm assuming it's in low pressure...
  2. M

Passenger Floor Board Flooded

Thanks guys, I'll give that a check.
  3. M

Passenger Floor Board Flooded

It's been a while since I've posted an issue, but here we go... I recently went to vacuum out my car, when I notice the front passenge floor board was SOAKED. I've had the leaky roof rack and siliconed the s**t out of it, and I can't find any water up high so I'm confident that isn't the...
  4. M

Remote start smart phone app ?

Levittown, does the cellular kit you have listed include the security alert feature? In the description it said it was an option but I didn't find it on your site. Thanks.
  5. M

Retractable Security Cover

Does anyone know of any retractable covers for our gen ex? I can't find one anywhere and I'm certainly not buying the junk factory catastrophe.
  6. M

Towing without Tow Package

I don't believe you can, as they are behind the bumper. So you'd need a new bumper as well.
  7. M

snow plow

If you're seriously considering a plow for your Ex, check out Boss sport duty plows. They're built just the same as their commercial grade plows, only scaled down.
  8. M

Towing without Tow Package

It is, in fact, illegal to tow at more than your vehicle is rated. The same laws apply to passenger vehicles as commercial vehicles when it comes to being overweight and such. If you're Ex is rated for 2k, and you're towing 5k you can be ticketed for it. It's that simple.
  9. M

Exhaust components

So, after contemplating, I've decided to do something with the exhaust. I don't want to replace to entire system, I really just want to replace the Y pipe at the cross member. It flattens out and I can only imagine how restrictive it is. Does anyone know of any aftermarket components? I can...
  10. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Does anyone know the part number to the clips for the a pillar? I have a replacement trim piece but no clips, and I can't find them on fords parts.
  11. M

Headlight Removal

The bumper has to come off.
  12. M

Mirror Turn Signal Wiring

Does anyone know which wire controls the signal on the mirror? Usually the relay/flasher sends a pulse to it telling it to light up. None of the wires pulse when te signal is on. Anyone know? Also, does it have an internal flasher inside the mirror? It would have to..... :scratch:
  13. M

Using spare tire and AWD off

Good call. If the vibration has gone away it's a sure sign the belts have let go. Replace it.
  14. M

You should never use more than 1 plug at a time. It needs to be professionally plugged with a combination plug. Keep a close eye on it, it will probably slowly leak, and if you start getting a vibration out of no where, replace it immediately. It's the belts separating and your tiring is going...
  15. M

Take it to a tire shop. They have combination plug/patches that are installed from the inside of the tire. A side note on replacing tires. When replacing tires on an AWD vehicle it is recommended to replace all 4 tires at the same time. If not, at least 2 on the same axle.
  16. M

2012 Explorer Premium sound system

I do not believe it does. Only the limiteds.
  17. M

2.0 Ecoboost engine noise when let off throttle

I would also suggest running premium fuel in turbo charged engines.
  18. M

Air Induction Service/Fog Engine

The only thing to think about induction-wise is a valve cleaning. However, as stated above, Ford does not have an approved method of doing this and it's only if you have an eco boost. It can be done, by taking the heads off and going in manually to clean them. But, I wouldn't recommend it unless...
  19. M

power liftgate reopens when starting Ex..

I can't speak to how it functions after the TSB was performed. However, I can tell you for a fact that accessory power is cut off while the starter is engaged.
  20. M

power liftgate reopens when starting Ex..

It should pause for a moment while the engine is starting because accessory is cut off while starting. All cars do this to ensure there is enough battery to start the car.
  21. M

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Thanks. I found some for 7.41 so I figured I'd go for it. If anyone is looking for some for cheap, I found them at carparts(dot)com.
  22. M

Could you post a picture of them? I'm looking for some that will work without having to pony up for the oems from the dealer.
  23. M

The base style 17" with the full hubcap. I've got the wheels and hubcaps, but I can't seem to find any lugnuts other than from Ford. The cheapest I found them for is 8.62 each, and I really don't want to spend that kind of money on lugnuts.
  24. M

Anyone know what size lug nuts for the hubcaps? I'm assuming a standard acorn style would work to hold them? I just don't want to pay $200+ for lugnuts. Thanks guys.
  25. M

HOW do you remove the LR cargo area cup holder over the 12v socket?

Glad I could help. The front portion where the rear door sill is is attached to the weatherstrip by a clip as well. If you opt to pull the entire cover out, just be mindful of that. The rear seatbelt bolt is under a smaller cover that also just pops right up, if you decide to do that also...
Back