Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Lift on a 2002 Explorer

For the right amount of money anything is possible. Anything is possible. ~Andy
  2. P

getting hot : what can i do

I had a similar problem with mine about a month ago. My X would get really hot when I came to a stop. The temp gauge would steadily rise. I had it looked at and it turns out the intake manifold gasket was shot. I was leaking coolant and only had about half of what I needed. My mechanic...
  3. P

sub vote

I have a pair of the Infinity Kappa Perfect 12's and absolutely love them. They will hit hard if you want them to, but their SQ is just awesome. They are a couple of the best sounding subs that I've heard. But hey that's just my 2 cents. ~Andy
  4. P

Aircraft switches?

Hey, thanks a lot guys. ~Andy
  5. P

Aircraft switches?

I've been wondering the same thing man. I think they would look bad a$$ for some fog light switches or any other switch for that matter. If anyone out there knows anything let us know. ~Andy
  6. P

Solo Barics...downsides?

The L7's design goes against every thing I've been taught about sound waves. I was under the impressino that they were round, but hey what do I know. Some will say that they have a larger surface area and can push more air. While that may be true I'd much rather have round subs that don't...
  7. P

Best place for bumper covers?

I'm not sure, but I think Explorer Express might have some. They would probably be your best bet. Hope you find what your looking for. ~Andy
  8. P

question on hooking up amp for subs

Thanks for the quick reply and for helping me out. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks. ~Andy
  9. P

question on hooking up amp for subs

Ok guys and galls, here's my problem. I am trying to hook up the amp for my subs with the factory head unit. I have the converter to use RCA's to the amp, but I don't know were to hook the converter up to. Can I hook it up to the speaker wires coming from the HU or do I have to hook it up to...
  10. P

Headers and NOS and Gears???

The fuel filter is located on the driver's side under the front door. It's mounted inside the frame rail. I changed mine with about 112 k on it. It's not that expensive to replace it's just kind of a pain to get the old one off. I figured it couldn't hurt to change it. ~Andy
  11. P

Headers and NOS and Gears???

just a thought Has your friend ever changed his spark plugs or fuel filter?? I changed these on mine about 2 months ago, and I noticed a little difference in acceleration and mpg. It wasn't much but every little bit helps. And just to warn you the fuel filter is a royal pain to change (at...
  12. P

SS wheel trim source?

Here's a couple of sites for you. http://www.performanceproducts.com http://www.jcwhitney.com Then should have what you're looking for. ~ANDY
  13. P

Argh, time's a'tickin...BFG or Pirellis???

I have the BFG AT KO's and I have been very happy with them. They're fine at 75 mph, and they've done great in the snow for me. I don't know anything about the Pirellis, but I know there are people on the board who run them. I hope that helps. ~Andy
  14. P

Need Pictures, ASAP!

Check out the links on the main page of Rick's X. He has the fiberglass front end and the stock rear. His is a 93 so it should give you an idea of what yours would look like. Hope that helps. ~Andy
  15. P

Just got my new amp!!

I would love to start right now, the only thing that's stopping me is a big a$$ thermo test that I have coming up. I'll probably try and get it hook up to the stock receiver (if I can) over Thanksgiving. ~Andy
  16. P

Just got my new amp!!

I just picked up my new amp today. It's an Alpine V12 MRV-1507. Over Christmas break I plan on hooking it up to the Infinity Kappa Perfects 12's that I also purchased. The only major component I have left to purchased is the receiver. I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store. As far as...
  17. P

Can u Believe it, They wouldn't sell BFGs to me!!

That sucks that you're having that hard of the time getting tires. You may want to try SEARS. I bought mine there, granted mine are the factory size, but they would be worth a try. Of corse that all depends on how close the nearest SEARS is. That's all I got. ~Andy
  18. P

catalytic convertor solution proposed

Oh, I missunderstood what you meant. Yeah, I don't think that should be a problem, but then again that's me and I never said I knew what I was talking about. :-) ~Andy
  19. P

catalytic convertor solution proposed

I think that in theory you can just remove the cats and put a straight pipe in place of them. The only problem is that you wont pass any emissions tests. I do think that since the O2 sensor is in front of the cats that it shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to do it your self because unless...
  20. P

Audiobahn is garbage? Say what?

factory amp I've done some talking to some guys at a couple of local audio shops and from what I can gather is that to bypass the factory amp you would have to run new wire. There is a kt you can buy to use the factory amp. My question is what about replacing the stock amp?? Could you use...
  21. P

Front Seat Mod

I would think it would be possible to mount seats from a 99 in a 91. It may take a little fabrication to get it to work if it doesn't just swap out, but I would think it would be possible. If I'm wrong somebody tell me because I've thought about doing it to mine as well. ~Andy
  22. P

Painting Bumpers and Grill Charome?

I was looking at the Explorer Express catalog that I have and it says in here that they painted the chrome by using a special etching primer and then they painted them to match. Now as to what kind of primer they used you'd have to call or email them and find out. Hope that helps. ~Andy
  23. P

modifying exhaust

There are a lot of threads on here about exhausts. I would recomend doing a search and see what you come up with. That may help you narrow down scope of your question and make answering it a lot easier. BTW welcome to the board. ~Andy
  24. P

moving rearview mirror up a bit?

I've noticed that the mirror in my 93 in in the way too. I just haven't taken the time to fix it. ~Andy
  25. P

dual exhaust hp gain

Your best bet would probably be to take it and put it on a dyno. I'm not sure how much it will cost but it's going to be the best way to tell home much power you've gained. BTW: how does it sound without the muffler??
Back