Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

po 171 and 174 stumped

Could be a vacuum hose, especially the one that dives under the battery to the vmv. The battery acid leaks onto and corrodes it. Or a dirty MAF sensor, etc. I think somebody already posted a pretty thorough list of things to check for, concerning these codes.
  2. D

po 171 and 174 stumped

I have a question that includes these codes, but may be more related to OBD2 or PCM... So, for several months up to the present, I've had to prime the fuel pressure by turning the key forward a few times before attempting to start. Recently, i changed the fuel filter, after depressurizing by...
  3. D

Bilstein Shocks All Around

Which Bilstein shocks did you go with, and how have they performed so far?
  4. D

po 171 and 174 stumped

...I just realized that we have different motors, so I don't know if my previously posted values are accurate for your particular application. It seems like I may have read that they have different fuel pressures... Oops?
  5. D

po 171 and 174 stumped

Check both. Running, it should be 55-65 lbs. Key forward/engine off should be lower, but i don't remember what it should be exactly, maybe around 30lbs. ...I'm a novice, but have been studying this website pretty hard this week. Do some digging, use the google search bar on this webite, it...
  6. D

po 171 and 174 stumped

I had the same codes right after replacing the fuel filter. For a long time prior, I've had to turn the key a few times to build fuel pressure (which I'll check soon), so the pump may be going bad, the uptake screen dirty / crud in tank, etc. ..I disconnected the battery to reset the codes, and...
  7. D

Another Lean Code Mystery: P0171 & P0174

Was it your fuel pump? What came of the matter?
  8. D

P0171 and P0174 Codes

I have the same codes. Did you replace the fuel pump, and has that worked out long term? Did your mounty take 2 or three start attempts for a while leading up to it throwing codes?
  9. D

Rear end resistance

Which VIN decoding site did you use to get such detailed information?
  10. D

Hello everybody!

I got a bone-stock 2000 Explorer XLT V8 AWD a few months ago. I put new BFGoodrich all-terrain t/a tires on it, and am enjoying it very much! I really like that it does well on and off road, and want to keep it 50/50. I am considering keeping it all stock, but am entertaining the idea of...
Back