Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Feeling bumps in 4 wheel drive

All right, sounds good. Start there, then hubs! Gotcha! Thanks!
  2. S

Not sure but happens straight line, not so much when turning. No rhyme or reason.
  3. S

I heard it may be a clip inside the hub itself allowing the hub clutch to slid out of position. Come spring, I'm tearing them down for rebuild. There are rebuild kits pretty cheap, $40 or so.
  4. S

My 01 kind of does the same thing. I'm quite sure it is jumping in and out of 4wd. The rear slides out when it jumps out due to lack of traction. Any ideas on that, anyone?
  5. S

Great Ford Dealerships

Fred Raynor Ford Fred Raynor Ford in Fulton NY. Always a great experience! They even lend a hand (or paw) with local animal rescues.www.raynorford.com
  6. S

Possible knocking from bell housing?

I forgot to mention, the other day I started it, NO knock! It was facing slightly uphill but by the time I finished loading it for the dump, it started knocking again... Sitting, idling, never touched the gas...
  7. S

Possible knocking from bell housing?

Hi there, current issue with the truck is... There is a knocking sound, seemingly coming from the bell housing. Background is: I traded a van for the ST, ST ran like crap, changed plugs and wires. Plug on driver side rearmost cyl. broke, shoulders and all. Shop removed threads and...
Back