Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Washer Fluid

I second that.. No Issues on my end either.
  2. B

Oil Change interval

Changing the oil and filter has to be one of the easiest and most beneficial services you can perform. I'm sure my oil quality would test "Ok" at 10k miles but to me its not worth the risk of pushing it to its limits when for under $50 and an hour of my time I can change it myself. To each its own.
  3. B

Oil Change interval

I change my own at 5,000 mile intervals. I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Extended Performance with a Mobil One Filter. My local retail chain parts store, usually runs a special on the Mobil 1 combo every couple of months and I just pick it up when its on sale. I reset the Oil Life Monitor each...
  4. B

power liftgate reopens when starting Ex..

Mine's a 2014 and I experience the bounce back, often when its raining or snowing pretty heavily. I keep some micro fiber towels in my Cargo organizer and usually a quick spray with some detailer along with a wiping around the weather stripping and the base of the door solves the problem. It...
  5. B

Is it ok to take a Limited through a car wash?

I use the touch-less wash during the cold months and then by hand during the rest of the year. As someone else noted, I will use the self serve bay to apply soap and scrub any heavily soiled areas and then finish with the touch-less. When washing at home by hand, I utilize two buckets to help...
  6. B

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I am running the same exact setup. The stock mats came out the same day I took the Ex home. For me, the Fronts and Cargo Mat are a must! The cargo mat has saved my butt several times now when bags of soil, liquids, food etc... has leaked.
  7. B

Best place to order ford parts?

I've had really good luck in the past using Tasca Ford to locate OEM Ford parts for my previous Explorers. Its been a few years but their selection, availablility and customer service was always excellent. http://www.tascaparts.com/
  8. B

Decision made on new Explorer!

After reading this, I cant get that commercial where the guy accidentally uses his wife's summers eve bodywash out of my head. :) I picture you pulling into your driveway and then panicking to quickly right the situation by performing manly tasks...
  9. B

New owner 2015 XLT

Very Sharp, Great choice! :thumbsup:
  10. B

Driving the EX in snow

I went from a Silverado Z71 to my Ex with the 20" wheels and was disappointed with the performance in deep snow (>3") I felt like the explorer would float on top of the snow and the entire vehicle would drift instead of cutting through it. My work vehicle, a PI Ex has narrower all season...
  11. B

New owner 2015 XLT

Congrats! Mine's almost identical. Is that magnetic grey? It looks a bit darker than the sterling gray. I've also owned previous explorers and IMO this one is the best by far. 99% of my driving is on pavement and I came back to the explorer after driving a full size truck and needing something...
  12. B

Driving the EX in snow

I second that. We have been hammered by storms lately. I am running a set of OEM Good Year all season tires on the factory 17" steel wheels during the winter months instead of my 20" optimo's. Night and day difference in deep snow. No problem whatsoever driving the explorer in deep snow. I...
  13. B

Front Hitch

Just Curious, what are you looking use the front hitch for? A bike rack? These are more common on vehicles that have body on frame like the previous Gen Explorers. If its possible, I would imagine you would have to cut/modify the front bumper cover and I would think the capacity to push/full or...
  14. B

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

I agree. Our fleet is primarily changing over to all PI utility vehicles. IMO, these are far better designed and equipped for the job than the CVPI vehicles we are phasing out.
  15. B

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

Trust me, I know.. :D I am leaning towards SCT over Livernois. That way if I upgrade to a Sport, I can use the tuner for that application as well.
  16. B

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

I also drive an Ex at work with the 3.7L. I have to say its much more responsive and shifts at much higher rpm's than my N.A. 3.5L. I believe the 3.7L in the PI Explorers has a special tune that unleashes its full potential. Honestly, my driving style differs from my work vehicle to my personal...
  17. B

Damn it took a wallop....

So that's how the fog light assembly comes out....
  18. B

New 2014 explorer owner

I've had my explorer for almost 18 months now 19k miles and have really only had an issue with the Navigation (tracking, freezing etc...) Although frustrating, the dealer corrected the issue through several visits and the unit is currently functioning properly. I had a minor trim separation...
  19. B

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

Peter, I would agree. The ratings and reviews weren't very positive on the Goodyear tires, but they were brand new, mounted on new rims with covers and lug nuts at the right price. I had a set of Blizzak's on my WRX and they were a fantastic set of tires! Once the Goodyear's require replacing...
  20. B

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

I purchased my Ex with the polished 20" package and have to say I prefer the improved handling and appearance. I would describe this wheel and tire pkg as being stiff and responsive with great traction in both wet and dry conditions. That being said, I ran them through last winter and it quickly...
  21. B

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

I've been looking at the SCT and Livernois tunes for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've had previous tuners on my full size trucks and there was an obvious difference in performance, especially when towing. I am leaning towards the SCT as it may be compatible with other...
  22. B

Heated and cooled leather seats ?

I have the heated seats with 3 settings, Hi/Med/Low. They heat up quickly and the heat is evenly distributed. I usually don't mess with the heat level, as its either on high or I turn them off. I couldn't imagine owning a vehicle without them now. I keep the dual roof shade closed during...
  23. B

DDM HID Slim Kit Issues

Exactly.. I was also concerned about the loss of power being delivered during start up, flickering etc.. I typically start my car and let it warm up for a few minutes. Only when I get in to drive away, do I turn my lights on. I have had good luck with my current setup so far. I feel that...
  24. B

DDM HID Slim Kit Issues

I purchased the relay harness just incase, but first installed the kit directly using the factory headlight connection as the primary power source. It’s been well over a year now and they both fire up every time I flip the switch. For the record, I do not use the Auto mode on my headlight...
Back