Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Bought my 1st Explorer!

Found a pair of visors in a JY. Fits perfectly.
  2. 0

Beginning of the 2-3 shift

Update: When I left for work this morning, it was cold and shifted fine. It did not start the weird 2-3 shift until it warmed up after a few miles.
  3. 0

Drove it for about 100 miles today. It is still doing the same thing, although it is a little diminished. The fluid that came out was not real dark, or smelled real burnt. The magnet inside the pan had a small amount of gray sludge, but not much at all. Put the new filter on, refilled with about...
  4. 0

Did the procedure, short test drive did fine. Will know more tomorrow.
  5. 0

That was helpful, thanks!
  6. 0

I bought a filter and 5 qts of Mercon today. This Saturday it is supposed to be 50 degrees here (since it has been like 2 lately) so that is the plan. Hopefully I can figure out the filler hole location and the quantity of fluid to replace.
  7. 0

About a month ago I bought a 2004 Explorer XLT 4x4 V8 with about 86K miles. I have put about 2000 miles on it since I bought it. About a week ago it started doing the dreaded 2-3 shift delay that has been mentioned on here. I have noticed when it is cold, it shifts fine. After it warms up is...
  8. 0

Incandescent To LED Conversion (Dash, Steering Wheel, Etc.)

This afternoon I changed out my three interior dome lights, license plate lights and puddle lights with LED bulbs. They work great.
  9. 0

Incandescent To LED Conversion (Dash, Steering Wheel, Etc.)

Gen 3 puddle lights and interior dome lights are a plug N play????
  10. 0

What do you think about this XLT?

How do they compare to the stock ones? I am looking for something that is significantly brighter (whiter.) But I am not a big fan of the "shadow line" that projector beams typically throw. I also am wanting to change all of my interior lights, license plate lights and puddle lights over to...
  11. 0

What do you think about this XLT?

I will be interested in watching the headlight change...
  12. 0

Bought my 1st Explorer!

Do you have a right side visor in tan? My Explorer I just bought was missing that for some reason. Just let me know how much you want.
  13. 0

Newbie in KY

Hello, I am new here and new to Explorers. I just bought a clean 2004 XLT 4x4 with the 4.6 v8 and 87K miles. Bought it a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. BTW, this isn't the only Ford I have as I also have a 71 F100 that I am rebuilding.
Back