Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Can't figure out why I'm overheating..a few symptoms..

Thanks for the tip! I scaled it down. I popped the SOHC cover off, and I drove home from work (it's a relatively short drive) and it was running extremely hot. I was blasting the heat the entire way home, but it wasn't until about 2 minutes from my house that it actually started blowing...
  2. L

I'm sorry, you're correct, my last vehicle was an '05 and it was early when I posted. Yes, '03 2 door Sport. I thought I read somewhere that a cracked tstat housing was somewhat common with these, is that true? I'll take the cover off Before I leave work..if I can clearly see the housing and i...
  3. L

On Sunday my 2005 Explorer started overheating and I noticed the smell of burning coolant. I immediately pulled into a Walmart and noticed coolant dripping slowly..I popped the the hood and realized it was only slowly dropping because the reservoir was empty. I ran in, grabbed a bottle of leak...
  4. L

Radio install on '03 Sport XLS - I'm lost..

Sorry about that, is this working? http://imgur.com/kipToSH Ignore the mess and the wires scattered. It was a long night, but everything is relatively clean now :thumbsup:
  5. L

Sorry, I found another thread that ran into the same problem, it was a Sport Trac but the idea was exactly the same. For anyone searching about this in the future, to sum up that thread: - You'l want an installation kit for a second generation explorer from 1995 to 2001. The Metra 95-5817...
  6. L

I'm trying to install an Appradio 4. I bought a double din dash kit by metra (which fit my vehicle according to their site). I've since found out that it won't fit and that I have to do some trimming, which is fine, but I'm lost on how the unit will be held in place. The old radio was only...
  7. L

Any advice for longevity? New to forum and to Ford - 2003 Explorer Sport XLS

Hey everyone!:wavey: I signed up for the forum because I just picked up a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLS two days ago. I was just wondering if there were any certain things I should keep my eyes on (It's at about 96k miles right now). I got it relatively cheap. It seems really clean, runs...
Back