Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Wheel slip on wet pavement, weird tire wear

Well if the Engine and trans go on mine, I will buy a crate engine and c6, dump the fancy electronic stuff and go old school.
  2. O

What Kind Of Muffler Do You Like?

:bsnicker: :nono: :D
  3. O

Oops, I usually look at dates but I guess that fact slipped by me this time :eek: I know what you mean by sticker shock, I bought a used '02 AWD and all was good, no rattles, no noises, no cheap Ford interior noises, even when tested down a bumpy dirt road at a good speed ;) . Only problem...
  4. O

Thanks, just looked it up, I can get a Walker 21422 and a gallon of windshield washer fluid for $14.11 after discounts Woohoo!!!
  5. O

I am possibly in need of a new muffler (hope its the muff and not the cat). Who has replaced theirs on their 4.0L and what brand did you use? I want church mouse quiet preferably, but on a budget, dont want to pay more than $100 for the muff. ;)
  6. O

Generally your tires will not wear more in the center unless they are or have been over inflated. Over/under inflation and worn suspension will ruin tires quick.
  7. O

What To Use On Scuffed Up Leather??

Ok, I looked closer, here is a picture.
  8. O

What To Use On Scuffed Up Leather??

We are picking up a new to us Ford (Edge) and the one seat has a worn spot where the color is gone. The spot is about 3" x 3", so what is a good product to fix the spot? I believe I saw a crosshatch pattern so the entire top color/leather/vinyl coating is likely gone but not torn or ripped.
  9. O

How Useful Is A Block Heater?

Homewreck Depot here sucks, I would have better luck at the grocery store. I will look online and see what I can find. thx
  10. O

Ok, I have an outlet outside I use, I wonder what type of timer will stand up to these temps? I have one but it doesnt seem like something made for serious cold weather use.
  11. O

Am I just wasting electricity with this block heater when the outside temp will be around -10 when I start the truck up?
  12. O

P0731 and opinions.

Alt is gonna die.....
  13. O

is it worth it?

Change your oil, replace 3 qts with this and see if the sound goes away. http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/lucas-heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer Now is it worth it to put $3-$4000 into the truck....? Look at what you can get for $4-$6000 and see if you think its worth it to...
  14. O

Frozen States How Is Your Defroster?

Ok I see whats going on your pic actually didnt go into as much detail as another I looked at. and the one I posted is in way too much of an exploded view LOL. So it seems the main box where the two actuators connect may be two pieces one actuator for one box half and the other for the other...
  15. O

Here is where I was looking, if you look at the first group of pics thats without dual zone then the third set is with dual zone. In those diagrams it looks as thought there is one vacuum motor to control one door and in the dual zone there are two motors to control the same size door but its...
  16. O

I was looking at a parts diagram on a Ford parts site and to me it looked like I might only have the one (pass side) since I dont have dual zone temp control. Is your image for dual zone temp control or did I look at the wrong diagram on the site?
  17. O

Is This What I Think It Is?

Been chilly here lately, got warm today, 21 I think
  18. O

Beep & Gurgle confirmed :D
  19. O

Ok will go see if I can get some beep and gurgle....BRB :D
  20. O

How will I know if it works?
  21. O

Ok, I found out its not switching correctly. :mad: When I switch between defrost, defrost/floor, and just floor nothing changes, all those vents blow. If I go to the other side of the dial the same thing happens but with floor and dash vents. So is that the actuator?
  22. O

It did, it blew nice and icy
  23. O

(Thats ice crusted around it)
  24. O

Crap! I actually won the bid?

5.4L Go Kart = Youtube sensation = fame and fortune = Be able to buy $600 Navi next time LOL Seriously, the repairs on that are going to be more than its worth most likely, unless you know a guy.
  25. O

Nope everything switches like it should, I think its just a design flaw, the defroster vent should go further out to the edge of the windshield than it does... IMO
Back