Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

JBL Grounds???

I have a '95 eb. with the JBL "premium" audio. My head unit won't power on. When I went to test the wires, I read the there are two grounds (blk + grn/blk). The green and black ground seems to be good, but not getting any continuity out of the plain black one. I'm testing this using the "hot...
  2. R

A/C Clutch vs Compressor

I have a '95 Eddie Bauer 4WD. Everything runs great on it, except the A/C won't work. The clutch won't engage at all on its own, and when I manually engage it using a lead from the battery, it makes a horrendous noise and the engine shuts off. I have no idea as to whether this could be the...
  3. R

Wipers?

When I got the explorer the guy said it needed a new wiper motor. I go get the correct motor and put it in... and it still doesn't work. All fuses have been tested and relays switched. 12V in the wires going to the motor. Anybody have any ideas?
  4. R

Dead Head Unit?

Everything else works, and all the fuses are good. I thought I should also mention that no sound ever comes from the speakers. No beeping with the door open or anything. Is it possible that this could be a problem with the amp? Also, are these radios grounded by the antenna?
  5. R

Dead Head Unit?

I recently got a 1995 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the JBL audio system. The only problem with the whole vehicle is the radio won't power on. When the car is completely off, and I hold the clock button, the time will display. When I turn the ignition and everything comes on, the clock no longer...
Back