Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Lightbar help needed

I used 02-03 Cherokee mounts and tweaked them a bit, but I heard of people using 05-09 f150 mounts so you can try them instead, just go on eBay and find ones that fit your price range
  2. N

Does the BWM (Brown Wire Mod) work for 4th gens?

If you're trading it into the dealer I doubt they will look to see if the 4x4 works, once they take the keys it's their problem
  3. N

08 Explorer Tires

Yeah I run 265/75/16 no rub
  4. N

Missing a hose ??

What is the very last hose for? Can someone go under their explorer and take a picture for me so I can find out? Thanks guys
  5. N

Has anyone upgraded their non-tow package hitch?

I have a Reese 2" mounted right under mine bought it that way , but it looks as if they welded it into the factory one than shot bolts through also
  6. N

CB radio instal questions

Go under the bumper under the taillight and screw into the rear trailer hitch setup?
  7. N

4th generation v6 muffler delete?

if anyone has a muffler delete done can you share maybe a YouTube video of what it sounds like and where you dumped the exhaust. Thanks.
  8. N

Explorer for sale ideas on where to post it?

well im sad to say I'm leaving the explorer nation. I'm wondering if anyone has some good tips or places to post cars for sale already up on Craigslist.
  9. N

Ford F-150 tow mirrors on a explorer?

I think it would , I have really spaced out wheels, and a light bar up too so I think it would make the truck look so mean.
  10. N

Need help with which bolt on wheel spacers to purchase?

Some no name ones off eBay I'll find a link and send them to you They're actually on sale right now , a great deal tbh...
  11. N

Ford F-150 tow mirrors on a explorer?

i was looking at tow mirrors for a 2008 f 150 and the mounts looks the same , so I'm wondering if they would be able to fit on an explorer ?
  12. N

Need help with which bolt on wheel spacers to purchase?

see the way i did it was did 2" in the back and 1.5" up front and this is when i had stock tire size , i went up to 32's and **** i'm glad i didn't do 2" all the way around because with the 1.5" on it barley rubs. you'll have some fun always having a dirty truck because those inner wheel wells...
  13. N

Gas leak ? Gas mileage doesn't add up!!!

I live kind of in the country so it's combined I guess. Alright anyone have any experience on changing these filters ? Do we have to drop out tanks like some cars ?
  14. N

I mean I have 32" tires , spaced out so that doesn't help gas mileage. Dash says 12.3 mpg, I have 157,000 miles , I bought it at 140k, so I doubt the fuel filter ever got changed. **** from the day I got it it never got 16 in the street. Usually 15ish.
  15. N

hey explorer forum members, I drive a 2008 Ford Explorer xlt 4.0 v6 4x4. For the last month I've been running through two full tanks going the same exact distance.... I need to get this issue figured out. I have some fluid that drips from the resonator on the end of the exhaust pipe. Could my...
  16. N

Terrible gas consumption...

So I have a 2008 Ford Explorer xlt 4.0 v6, a full tank normally lasts me a week. Lately I've been going to the same places as usual , same driving habits but now I have to fill up twice a week... When on a fuel tank the information center says 270-285 miles until empty. I'll drive close to 200...
  17. N

Question for all you smarties :)

Just get a normal switch but make sure it has a square stopping plate. 3 prong switch is all you need. Power load and ground. Power is from the battery , load is the positive wire from the light bar, and ground the switch and the light bar out and your done.
  18. N

Looking to put some mods on my Explorer

As ****ty as the problems are for me I still have a huge smile on my face every time I look at my explorer... 2,100 on trans (went twice since redone) , 400 on cats, and 200 on a radiator and 400 on a water pump and belt... But well worth it...
  19. N

Looking to put some mods on my Explorer

http://5startuning.com/product/1-7015-x4-flash-devices/ Ik it seems like a lot but there reviews and videos seem to show proof they work and they use the best technology around, worth looking into if you have some spare $$ Also jet mass airflow sensors and an advanced throttle body's will help out
  20. N

LED light bar for 2010 explorer

Order Jeep Grand Cherokee ones and just bend and cut them until they fit , all I did.
  21. N

Power Steering Pump

Just use a remanufactored one , it will outlast the explorer motor
  22. N

Straight pipe suggestions

Please keep us updated , I'm interested in this. I wonder if having no muffler from a straight pipe would mess with the back pressure or not
  23. N

08 4.0 v6 exhaust question

Sounds really nice!!
  24. N

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

What muffler is that ?
  25. N

08 4.0 v6 exhaust question

So have been doing research on exhausts and I'm going to be going with a flow master super 44 , I just have one last question. Will the back pressure change and give me any losses in low end torque , also how is mpg going to be effected? Also what size inlet , and where is out inlet/outlet as...
Back