Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

For Sale 2nd Gen spare tire winch

Haha, I bet its long gone but do you still have this? Shipping to 35747. Thanks. Pm me what it will cost.
  2. M

No dash lights. 01 Sport.

Dimmer wheel makes no difference on dash, no lights on at all. This is the second Explorer in the family that had this same problem, figured having 2 do the same thing would mean its a common problem. Its something I can live with though. Thanks for the link for tge turn signal problem repair...
  3. M

Did check the fuses, all were good. Have another electrical problem, driver rear brake light doesnt work and left rear signal only works intermittently. I put a different bulb in just to make sure the old bulbs filament was broken but close enough to touch ends once in a while. Its probably a...
  4. M

Solved Real problem why 1996 Explorer doors won't open....

I bet molten aluminum could make a good strong gear. Wont have to get so hot to melt. My wife was taking art classes and in her jewelry making classes they make castings using a centrifuge that spun the mold causing the molten metal to be denser. Step above just die casting which would be just...
  5. M

2k ford explorer projector headlights to use in 2k mountaineer

Projector style lights dont cause bad glare. Its what the Europeans use and a lot of US cars have with factory hid lights and they dont blind other drivers.
  6. M

Cracked T-stat housing

The 4.6 had a very common problem of the plastic intake cracking and losing coolant out the crossover in the front of the engine. If its cracked theres a replacement intake with aluminum crossover to prevent cracking. They switched to an aluminum intake later.
  7. M

2k ford explorer projector headlights to use in 2k mountaineer

Swap to an explorer grille or fabricate the mountaineer grille. Could get an explorer grille and remove the Ford emblem and put a Mercury emblem in its place.
  8. M

blown headgasket upgrade or stock or not

Go for it, why not get some more power while you have it apart. Good time to put in a better cam, springs, etc.. Your intake is the GT40 kit for Mustangs, can get by with the stocker and get good results with the better flowing cam. Exhaust headers would be a great way to make more power also...
  9. M

New to the forum, IAC help, please

You can get a basic code reader with ability to erase codes for $40 at Autozone.
  10. M

2000 Explorer Broken Door Handles

I wish they were metal on the inside and used a pull rod instead of a pushrod contraption thats much too complicated for a simple door handle.
  11. M

I have an 01 Sport with non functioning dash lights. I just got the truck last week. Havent had time to check fuses but from the few posts I found doing a search, other things should not be working as well when the fuse blows. The lights that are in the ac/heater controls dont work either. I did...
  12. M

Hey from Northeast Alabama

Just got an 01 Sport 2WD with an automatic. Wish it was a 4x4 and a manual trans but it was cheap. Has the SOHC 4.0, 3.73 non posi rear. Has sunroof, power windows, locks, and mirrors. Its kind of a dark purple/blue color with dark gray interior. Its got 183,000 miles on it. Needs ball joints...
Back