Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Random upgrades while being repaired.

So while my PIU is in the garage for probable engine replacement. I figure no time like the present to make other "adjustments". Like changing from column to console shift. The other major/ish change I want to make is something akin to SYNC. From what I understand it is either impossible or...
  2. N

Engine replacement question

Yes. The oil is fine. Nothing on the dipstick or the underside of the cap.
  3. N

Engine replacement question

So my 2014 PIU recently ran into the following problems in this order: White smoke cloud upon startup. - happened only once and ran fine for about a day and a half. No boost - became slow as molasses and built no boost. Happened simultaneously with: Under heavy acceleration shifts out of gear...
  4. N

oil pressure, no boost, leaking coolant, no shifting at WOT

EDIT: It is a 2014 PIU Ecoboost 3.5 and has 125K. All of the sudden. All of these problems happened at once. one morning when I started the car there was a gout of white smoke which went on for about 2 minutes and then went away. I thought...that's very odd and worried that I had a head...
  5. N

Distance to Empty (DTE) problem

no it was a Michigan state police car. It reads in miles. It says miles per gallon it is just set for uk gallons maybe to bump the mpg? When changed to us gallons it is the same. Still says 6** miles to empty.
  6. N

I think I misread your message. I put it back to imperial because that’s what it was when we got it.
  7. N

I just messed with it for a minute and then changed it back. And it isn’t km it is miles. So the best I can really hope for is 340 or so. I just want to know if it will learn and when or if I have to do something
  8. N

2014 PIU After using Forscan to turn off dark car mode and changing from uk gallons to us gallons and then back to uk gallons my miles to empty says approximately double what it actually should. With a full tank it says 680. I've heard that it takes about 500 miles to learn but the fuel...
  9. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

Another step I neglected to mention, I think, I sprayed the whole panel that is covered with spray adhesive first.
  10. N

Blue goose color code? Dash wiring diagram?

To update. the WB on the door code is the domestic specialorder code. I have no idea what that means. the paint code is adjacent to the Ext Pnt: and it is LM which is royal blue. LM/M6968
  11. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

let me see if i can remember how i did the pics before. Now i can't remember how i did it before. maybe just posting the link?
  12. N

Dash wiring

yeeeeaaaahhhh. I’m stupid. Thanks.
  13. N

Dash wiring

hey thanks. Mine is also a ‘14. Can you show me the diagram? Or the pin out you used for wiring the sensor? and this may sound foolish but what is forscan?
  14. N

Dash wiring

My PIU is in the shop. The dealer is replacing the wheel bearings in the rear so I can’t check this on my own right now. Does anyone know if the under dash wiring harness is the same for all the models? For example would the police explorer have the same dash harness as the standard explorer...
  15. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

So I see. In any case. This is a nice in between. It looks, in my opinion, better than just holes or retail speaker grilles and it is a lot cheaper than new door panels.
  16. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

I figured out the pictures.
  17. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

Yes that but I didn’t like the look of it. So...
  18. N

Rear Door Speaker Holes

Not sure about all of them but this was the case in mine. Maybe yours too. If you care. my kids were complaining that they couldn’t hear the music. So I grabbed some speakers at the pick and pull and was going to install them. I was hoping they had connectors but was ready to run speaker...
  19. N

Sorry. Blue goose is a nickname. I guess the real color would be called something like Michigan state police blue.
  20. N

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
  21. N

Hey that wiring diagram would be great. Thanks. I’m working on creating a pin out for the...

Hey that wiring diagram would be great. Thanks. I’m working on creating a pin out for the limited console harness that I can share once completed or mostly completed anyway.
  22. N

So a couple weeks ago I picked up a 2014 PIU. 3.5 eco boost. It's an MSP Blue Goose. I have 3 questions actually. 1. What is the paint code for this? what I can find seems to say LM but i don't think thate's quite right in looking at the paints available to buy with that code. 2. Where can...
  23. N

5R55E with no drive/reverse

Well I managed to get one of the servos out...the O/D servo i was able to grab the housing with some channel locks and rotate it while pulling outward and it came right out. the other one i can't get a grip on the cover at all. I was thinking the sprag possibly also but it seems odd that...
  24. N

5R55E with no drive/reverse

I'm having transmission problems and I need some help. Symptoms: Showing code P0755 which according to my reader is "Shift solenoid B Malfunction" No Drive or overdrive. Manual 1 and 2 work normally. Drive then functions for 3rd and 4th if the O/D is turned off. No reverse...or...
  25. N

Transmission at my wits end.

Had a delayed shift from second to third. but otherwise functioning normally. except for the occasional flashing OD/Off light and then no shifting below third. Then one day i lost drive and reverse...not completely but would only idle. applying accelerator had no noticeable effect...
Back