Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Peter, No will not lock. I have changed the battery a couple of weeks age, but i think key pad was working after that. I don't us the door key pad a lot.
  2. M

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

I have a 2018 Explorer Sport and The key pad on the drivers door stopped working. The numbers light up but does not respond to entry code when i press the numbers. At times the numbers flicker when entering the five-digit code. Any suggestions?
  3. M

LED Head Lights

Thanks Peter.
  4. M

LED Head Lights

Don’t know the specifications on stock LED, looking for something a little brighter. I will check stock LED’s and find out the color temperature rating. Thanks
  5. M

LED Head Lights

Looking to replace current stock head light bulbs with LED. Any info on what brand is better. Thanks
  6. M

Roof Rail Separating

Yes I also have the same problem. After car wash both top rail covers came off but they snap back on.
  7. M

Key Fob Problem

I have a new fob i found on the web (Keyless Ride.com). but still will not program. Saw a post a while back with someone with the same problem. Problem is with my explorer i am sure but i dont know where to look for the problem.
  8. M

Key Fob Problem

OK, trying to program key fob on my 02 ex. when i program first fob, no problem but when trying to program second fob while still in programing mode it will not work. Removed battery power and tried several times with no luck. this has been a problem for a while now. Batteries are all new and...
  9. M

wet carpet

No, do not have sun roof. any known problems with water leaks ot tsb's?
  10. M

wet carpet

Have a 02 explorer with wet carpet under drivers side. After a good rain and not moving my truck carpet is very wet. Removed kick panel and carpet as much as i could with seat in place, ran hose on top of truck and over drivers door and could not find where water is comming from. Any...
  11. M

Need help with DTC code 1401

911 Need help with DTC code 1401 Service Engine Soon light came on my 2002 X today. Checked code with my scan tool and came up with P1401 code, "Differenitial Pressure feedback EGR Circuit High Input". Vacuum line and tubing to EGR look ok. Unpluged connector to sensor and checked ends...
  12. M

Rear end noise

And the stories go on and on. I have on 02 and the noise was realy bad at about 60mph. Had the dealer replace wheel bearings and rebuild rear end at 58K. I now have about 69K and guess what!!! Whine and noise is BACK. Go figure.. I have the 4.0 v6
  13. M

Help w/ 02' noise (rear end?)

Might check your rear wheel bearings. I have an o2 with 60K and had them replaced due to noise comming from the rear. Also had rear rebuilt under waranty at the same time. Happy to say not much noise now.
  14. M

electric cooling fan

Thank's for all the info. How do they control fan on/off. How about when running the AC in traffic in the summer time?
  15. M

electric cooling fan

Looked around the forum and did not see much info. on upgrading to electric cooling fan. Maybe you could point me in the right direction. Thank's
  16. M

electric cooling fan

My 02 has the SOHC v-6.
  17. M

electric cooling fan

Have a question about aftermarket electric cooling fans. My 02 has a bad clutch fan that is making a lot of noise, mostly in the morning when temp is around 35deg. or so. Thinking about trying an electric cooling fan kit. Where should i look to by a good one? Also looking to by one that...
  18. M

Keyless Entry System

Thank's Joe I will try looking for this sticker this weakend. Sure saved me a lot of time looking under covers and around corners. Mike!!!
  19. M

Keyless Entry System

Hope someone can help with this problem: I just picked up a used 2000 Navigator and need help with the factory set code for the key pad on the door. Don't know how to get this code so i can program my own in. I use this fourm for my Explorer and thought someone could help or direct me...
  20. M

2002 XLS noises from the rear

Work was covered under my warranty when i bought my o2 used. Also brother-in-law is a ford mechanic which helped a lot.
  21. M

2002 XLS noises from the rear

Try checking the rear wheel bearings. I have an 02 and had noise in the rear as you described and had the ford dealer replaced my rear wheel bearings and also rebuilt my rear. Ford has a very bad problem with wheel bearings on 3gen. explorers. I had about 55K when the work was done.
  22. M

dim message center

Have had the same problem with my 02 ex. It comes and goes from time to time. No problem for the last 6,000 or so.
  23. M

Seatbelt alarm removal

Just tried removing BeltMinder on my 2002X. Workes great! Thank's
  24. M

2002 explorer rear wiper works some times

I have the same problem. Rear wiper works when it feels like it. I think the 2002 X's have a lot of electrical problems.
  25. M

ThrottleBody Spacer

If i spend $100 on a TB spacer i would like to see some improvement on mpg or a little more power for my money. CRANE sayes 4mpg increase. They dont say if the TB spacer makes any noise from the K&N air filter. My K&N is loud enough in the morning when i start my X for about 3 min. or so.
Back