Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

the only difference is just the second row map lights, everything else in my original post you can use. sorry, installed the magna flow exhaust last night so that caused the delay. from what the manual calls for i'd order....... quantity 2 (comes as a pair), 2 for front map and the...
  2. G

When I get home tonight, I'll research what I would use if my wife's had sunroof and post for the community.
  3. G

Far superior!! And the light diffusion is better!
  4. G

Yeah they are pretty bright, I'm pleased, FYI it's the wife's grocery getter! I drive it maybe once a month. Got a deal on a magna flow exhaust off the forum and some dvd headrests on their way too for the kids then I'm done. Try a baking soda toothpaste, let it dry a little on the headlight and...
  5. G

Here is the exact ones, just h13. They are the Philips led's. That's what I always try to use. I've built two LED fixtures for my fish tanks and that's all I try to use is the Philips. They are awesome. More expensive but worth it. This shows how much of an LED ***** I am....
  6. G

Yeah the 6k is the way to go, for me aesthetics as well as visibility at night. Just some quick shots as wifey was backing out for work. Photos really don't do them justice. I'll get some better ones another day.
  7. G

Yeah they are worth it. Wanted DRL but also led fog lights. I always try to keep everything clean and as close to OEM as possible so those fogs with out any modification or adhesive crap, it was a no brainier. Same with those LED headlights, you get what you pay for. What bulb size does the...
  8. G

I've been slammed at work. I'll get you some photos. As for the wiring, I went to the negative terminal of the battery and then into either 91 or 78 of the fuse block in the engine bay. This allowed them to only come on when the engine is on or started and won't run when accessories are powered.
  9. G

Help asap!

Negative Peter! I'm looking for procedure and torque specs to replace a wheel "stud." I know what torques specs are on the lugs! Thanks
  10. G

Help asap!

Dang!! Yeah I know on some vehicles and the older explorers there was a notch that allowed that but the newer ones I think you have to remove the hub assembly and brake, etc.
  11. G

Help asap!

Thanks jmr!!!!! Kinda what I was afraid of. Do you have torque specs for the required bolts to remove/reinstall wheel hub/bearing?
  12. G

Help asap!

I'd prefer to replace the stud.
  13. G

Help asap!

I'm more than capable of all mechanical repairs. I'm not asking for lug nut torques or how to install them. I'm asking for torque specs and removal/procedure to replace a wheel stud.
  14. G

Help asap!

No, one of their black spline drive wheel nuts.
  15. G

Help asap!

No, don't need a clamp to remove them. I just want to see what the manual says and mainly the torque specs as I am all about using correct specs. I torqued one of the lugs nuts to 100 ft/lbs and snap! When it broke it damaged the threads on the wheel stud.
  16. G

For Sale Cat Back Magnaflow Exhaust

Interested in the exhaust is it part #15467 ? For the NA 3.5L V6?
  17. G

For Sale Cat Back Magnaflow Exhaust

Why you selling these? Didn't you just put these on your ride recently?
  18. G

Help asap!

So never use MCGARD products!! Anyways. Anyone have the torques specs and service manual for the procedure of replacing a rear wheel stud?? Please and thank you!
  19. G

LEDS used If its still relevant here is my conglomeration.... Headlights.... (these are insane and put HIDS to shame! have a brand new extra set I will sell for a reasonable price. some modification to the rear of the bulb will need to be done if you want to use your rubber seal) Fog...
  20. G

Ummm Post 268 and 269? Or is that not the dome light your referring to?
  21. G

And no I utilized the chrome piece in both locations I just removed the little black ring.
  22. G

I'll post up my conglomeration of LEDs once I leave work today.
Back